Cats at Fort Wilderness

SeilerBird

DIS Veteran
I am currently in the planning stages of a trip to Disney World in February 2013. I have never been to Disney World and I am planning on staying 10 days at Fort Wilderness. I am curious about the pets policy at Fort Wilderness. When they say pets are they talking about cats or dogs or both?

The reason I am asking is because I have three cats that never ever leave the motorhome. I can't imagine why I would have to spend $5 per day per cat for a total of $150 for the whole trip.

I think the fee is for pets that you would bring outside your rv, but I'm not sure.

You might want to post your question on the Dis Camping Board.

Have a great time at the Fort! I love it there.

Think the fees applies more to pets that are using the outside facilities. For sanitation people to clean up areas that owners dont clean up after their dogs..

Cant figure how the fee could apply to inside cats. if they arent outside running around i dont think you have a worry.

The main thing I worry about with animals in an RV is a power failure while you are in the parks. If the AC goes off in a closed up RV, they could bake to death. :sad1::sad1: Someone told me they had some kind of a beeper or communicator of some kind that would let you now if this happened. I think it beeped if the temperature rose to a certain point?? Not sure exactly. Or, maybe you can leave your cell phone number, so someone can call you if this happens.

The main thing I worry about with animals in an RV is a power failure while you are in the parks. If the AC goes off in a closed up RV, they could bake to death. :sad1::sad1: Someone told me they had some kind of a beeper or communicator of some kind that would let you now if this happened. I think it beeped if the temperature rose to a certain point?? Not sure exactly. Or, maybe you can leave your cell phone number, so someone can call you if this happens.
Me and my cats live in my RV full time. I very rarely use the A/C and I would not leave the A/C running and leave the RV for an extended period of time. All domestic cats are decedents of Desert Wild Cats from the Saharas. This is why they bury their poop in sand. Cats love the heat. Usually when I do have the A/C running the cats take off for the bedroom where it is much hotter.

That is way different than my cats! They cry at the door to get into the AC! Then they don't want to leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter