Category 9 staterooms on the Dream

Billybob7

Mouseketeer
I know that on the Wonder and Magic, the category 9D rooms are on deck 1 and have 2 small portholes rather than 1 large one.

On the Dream, which of the outside rooms have 1 porthole, and which have 2 small ones?

Are there any staterooms on deck 1 of the Dream?

Thanks.

I know that on the Wonder and Magic, the category 9D rooms are on deck 1 and have 2 small portholes rather than 1 large one.

On the Dream, which of the outside rooms have 1 porthole, and which have 2 small ones?

Are there any staterooms on deck 1 of the Dream?

Thanks.

Here is the deck plan for the Dream....

http://www.disneytravelagents.com/disneydream/minisite/

There are no pax cabins on Deck 1. Deck 2 is the lowest deck with pax cabins. I don't believe it has been definitely determined if Deck 2 will have 2 small or 1 large porthole...the website had given some conflicting info and the CM's on the phone could not give a definite answer.

We will all know as soon the first sailings happen!!

MJ

There are no pax cabins on Deck 1. Deck 2 is the lowest deck with pax cabins. I don't believe it has been definitely determined if Deck 2 will have 2 small or 1 large porthole...the website had given some conflicting info and the CM's on the phone could not give a definite answer.

MJ

What exactly is a Pax cabin?

Thanks!

MJ

So, you could book and pay for a stateroom expecting 1 large porthole and actually end up getting 2 small ones? Hardly seems fair. How can CM's not know by now?

It has been previously confirmed (supposedly) with DCL folks that all oceanview staterooms on the Dream (and I assume the Fantasy) will have at least 1 large porthole. Some rooms, such as the sideways 8A rooms on Decks 5 and 6 Forward will have two large portholes.

It has been previously confirmed (supposedly) with DCL folks that all oceanview staterooms on the Dream (and I assume the Fantasy) will have at least 1 large porthole. Some rooms, such as the sideways 8A rooms on Decks 5 and 6 Forward will have two large portholes.

Ok, so what is a sideways room?

Thanks.

Ok, so what is a sideways room?

Thanks.

Sideways rooms are rooms that are oriented somewhat different from the standard rooms. Most staterooms are rectangle shaped and are oriented so you enter from one of the skinny sides of the rectangle. A sideways room may be oriented more up and down, or can be more square than rectangle shaped, and has the door/entrance located on the longer side of the rectangle. This causes the configuration/layout inside the room to be different from the configuration of the other rooms given the different layout, and often seems more spacious (at least on the current ships).

The current ships have some sideways Cat 11 rooms, and a few sideways or square Cat 3/T suites.

If you look at the deck plan for the Dream/Fantasy, there are 12 Cat 8A staterooms on Decks 5 and 6 Forward (6 on each deck) that are roughly square shaped. If you compare the deck plan with the pictures of the outside of the ship and count the windows, you'll see that each of those rooms should have 2 large porthole windows.

Are there any secret porthole or veranda rooms on the Dream and/or Fantasy or do we know that yet?

Are there any secret porthole or veranda rooms on the Dream and/or Fantasy or do we know that yet?

I don't think we know that at the moment, and may not know until people start sailing on the Dream, or later. Even the current secret porthole and secret verandah rooms on the current ships didn't start out in their current categories on day 1, and were later downgraded from their original verandah or oceanview categories in response to customer complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter