Category 4 or 5? Need advice

keggero

Mouseketeer
Here's my situation. I have 400 pts to use by end of Nov 09. So the wife and I decided that a disney cruise might be the thing to do. A four night cruise in a Cat 5 room is 392pts and 408pts in a Cat 4 room. How do I go about paying for the extra 8 pts I need? There are only 4 of us (Me, wife, 6 yr old DD and 5 yr old DS). I can't think there's a big difference between a 4 and 5. What do you think?

There is no difference between a 5 and a 6, but there is a pretty good difference between a 4 and a 5. With a cat 4 you get a larger steamer trunk for storage, an extra chair during the day and a room that gives you more space to spread out. The cat 5 is still the standard balcony, but you are adding some extra space in the cat 4.

For the difference of 16 points, I'd definitely go with a cat 4. As far as getting the extra 8 points, I believe you would have to borrow from the following year or rent the additional 8 points from someone, you can't just pay for a few outright.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter