Category 3 Room - What to expect?

kpros

I ride for the Arthritis Foundation!
Hi all

My family is booked for the May 10th Western in a Category 3 room. This will be our third Disney Cruise. I was hoping that someone could share their experience with the Category 3 rooms with me. Specifically, I don't know what to expect from the "Concierge Service". But any information will be appreciated.

As a second question, is it OK to bring cans of soda (like several six packs) on board? I get the impression that it's OK but it's not totally clear to me if it really is OK.

Thanks in advance for any and all information.

Ken

My family has stayed in a Cat. 3 room twice. The concierge service was great. First, you get to embark the ship first, don't need to wait in line. On embarkation, you meet with the concierge and members of the kids clubs, and spa (We met in Sessions bar). They will book all your spa appointments, excursions, register the kids, make Palo ressies, wine tastings, etc. One stop shopping! We were also able to make Palo reservations by phone ahead of time.

They will send you a personal itinerary for the entire week. They will call you daily to remind you of appointments and see if you need anything. Each evening there was something special for us from them. Cheese platters, cookies, coloring books, game room cards. You have a vcr in the room and they have a list of movies you can borrow. Plus, you can order directly from the restaurant menus for room service.

I know I'm forgetting a lot, but if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

And... yes you can bring on cans of soda for your use.

Hi there...

on arrival day - instead of the buffets - can you order lunch in the Cat 3 cabins?

Thanx

>>^..^<<

kpros
We are also on the May 10th cruise, and also in a cat. 3 for our first time. I'm trying to get all the info I can too....
Do you have children traveling with you? We've got 3DDs.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by kpros
As a second question, is it OK to bring cans of soda (like several six packs) on board? I get the impression that it's OK but it's not totally clear to me if it really is OK.

I thought (someone correct me if I am wrong) that in a category 3 they would bring you six packs of soda at no charge....

Hi Jen

I will be traveling with DW, DD (11 yrs old) and brother-in-law. It's the brother-in-laws 50th birthday party. We will be in 8548.

Ken

>>^..^<<,

I'm not sure about ordering lunch on embarkation day. My son had an ear infection this year when we embarked, and I know my husband ordered beer and soda to the room, but we switched off to get lunch upstairs. I would recommend the embarkation buffet only for the fact that it puts you in the cruise mood. It's a lot of fun.

There are also robes in your room and slippers! There is a jacuzzi bathtub a walk-in closet and lots of storage space!

We didn't receive free soda.

You will love it!

We loved our cat. 3 room last year. The concierge team was very helpful, and the ability to order full menu meals to the room was great. There is a book on the coffee table in your room with the weeks' menus, and you can order anything from the menu on it's given day, just as you would in the dining rooms.So, that of course is free. But don't expect anything else free! Everytime I ordered sodas, appetizers, etc., we were charged. We had 16 people to our room one afternoon for some wine and food, so I ordered cheese and crackers, sandwiches, potato skins, etc.
They charged me $48.00 !!

Other than that, everything was awesome. Not waiting in line at the terminal was very nice! We are already booked for 2 more cruises - one with a cat 3 and one in cat 2!

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!

'Beano':cool:

What food do they charge you for with room service in a cat 3? I thought all room service was free, except for drinks?

Nope, only the stuff currently being served in the dining rooms. And certain other "small ticket" items, like cheese and cracker platters, fresh fruit, etc. We had some fantastic cheese spread and bread at Palo, so I asked if we could get that brought to the room. They said sure, but it was like $11.00 !! The finger sandwiches were $24.00. The potato skins were free, because they were on the lunch menu that day. The sodas were NOT free, nor was the beer, understandably. Unless you want something very specific, stick to the days' menus, or get ready to ante up! :)

'Beano':cool:

Several posters have reported finding a 6 pack of each Coke, Diet Coke and bottled water in their 'frige on the first day. After that, you pay.

Kpros,
I just sent you a PM.... my oldest DD is 11 too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter