Cataway Club Member traveling with newbie

biggroofy

DIS Veteran
We are traveling with my friend's family in March on Dream. We are Cataway Silver member and able to book Palo/excursions at 90 day window if paid in Full.

I have emailed DCL to link my reservation with my friend's reservation, so that we can seat together in dining room.

Question is - this is my friend's 1st time on DCL - and they cannot book Palo/excursions until 75 days in advance. Will I be able to book it for them (since we wanted to dine at Palo together) since their reservation is now linked with us? If Yes - Do they have to pay it FULL before 90-day-window?

Thanks!

Unfortunately you will not be able to book your friends at the 90 day mark even if your reservations are linked. It will show their names when you book your reservations but you will not be able to select them.

On our next cruise we have 4 cabins linked together - 2 at 120 day mark, 1 at 105 day mark, and 1 at 90 day mark. I had to book each one as they came available.

I think Palo may be the exception since I think you can book more people under one reservation.

Our last cruise we sailed with 2 other families who were all new to DCL and it was our 3rd cruise. We had all ressies linked and by the time our window opened up (that very night) we booked excursions (parasailing / banana boat) and were able to book for our friends as well.

I'm not sure if things have changed- that was in 2008. Is Palo prepay now??

As long as their reservation is paid in full and you are able to select their names when doing your booking you will be able to book for them. I was able to do this for our friends for our Baltics cruise, they were first timers.

Wow, I'm surprised you guys were able to book the other people even though their booking window had not opened up. I just did all of our bookings at the end of August - and yes all reservations were paid-in-full - and it would not let me book the other cabins until their booking window came available. When I booked ours it showed me their names but they were in shadow and said they could not book yet.:confused3

How are your reservations linked? That might make a difference. Our 2 reservations were fully linked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter