Catamaran for Blue Lagoon with toddler

shannon1424

Earning My Ears
We are currently booked for the trip to Blue Lagoon, but we have a 2 year old that at current time flips out when wearing a life vest. Has anyone ever taken their toddler or preschooler on this excursion. Can you please describe the catamaran and the vest policy? I am assuming it is mandatory for a younger child, and if not it probably should be worn for safety reasons. Thank you!

It's a fairly large square boat (I wouldn't call it a catamaran) with a large area downstairs and then a large area upstairs. there are benches facing forward and then benches all along the outside of the boat.

No one wears life jackets on the trip and there were a lot of children of all ages on our trip. If you think your child might be too jumpy to be near the windows, there are plenty of seats on the inside area. When we were traveling there it started raining and they rolled down all the plastic windows so it was all enclosed.

They are big boats. Not as big as a ferry, but still holding a hundred plus people.

Nancy

shannon1424 said:
We are currently booked for the trip to Blue Lagoon, but we have a 2 year old that at current time flips out when wearing a life vest. Has anyone ever taken their toddler or preschooler on this excursion. Can you please describe the catamaran and the vest policy? I am assuming it is mandatory for a younger child, and if not it probably should be worn for safety reasons. Thank you!

Its a big ferry like taking a tender. No one wears life vests but they are under the seat in case of emergency. Its like a ferry at Magic Kingdom basically. There were babies and lil ones all over. Nothing at all to stress over. I had the opposite problem and had to make sure my mobility challenged mom could get off and on and the waves weren't too bumpy. Was ideal for all ages!

Thank you both for the information. That helps a lot and puts us at ease with the excursion we chose. We are looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter