• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Catagory 5 vs. catagory 6

Disney Planner Mama

DIS Veteran
We are in the process of booking our first disney cruise (myself, husband two daughters (3& 7). I know that the catagory six and five staterooms have the same floorplan just on different decks -- so can anyone tell me what the advantages are of one over the other? Thanks!

No clue, LOL!

But we were in a cat 6 last Fall, so for our upcoming trip I booked a cat 5 on the opposite side of the ship just to be different.

Some feel that higher is better. I, personally do not think this way at all. And for the extra $, I would take the cat 6. Deck 9 is the pools, and in a certain way, then you are closer to them, but then, you are further away from the restaurants. I really do love deck 6 or 7. With the kids clubs on deck 5 it is a hop away..and to the pools also... I guess it is a matter of personal preference... If I had the option of deck 6 or 7, I would choose 6, just because I find it middle somewhat...

:earsboy:

We've only been on Deck 7, so I can't speak for Deck 6. But the reason we chose it is because there are staterooms above and below. We thought we would be minimizing any noise from clubs or restaurants or Deck 9 activity. Don't know that it's really a problem on other decks - that was just our reasoning for choosing 7.

We stayed in Cat 5 our first trip and loved it! And are trying a Cat 6 on deck 6 this trip in May. The really big difference that I have been told by others is that you have less foot traffic on deck 7. I was told by DCL that there could be a difference of 100+ people if ship is really full. I did sit down one night and add up the possible different number of total rooms from deck 7 VS deck 6 and DCL did seem to be correct about it being a big differnce in the amount of foot traffic. When we stayed on deck 7 it was very quite day and night. I will let you know if there really seems to be a difference when we go in May! Can't wait! :wizard:

We were on deck 7, category 5 on our last cruise, and that is where we booked for again for our next cruise. I would have to agree with the other poster about it being so quiet on deck 7. We stayed aft. and also loved it. It seemed very quiet all the time for us. Plus I liked the fact that when you're aft. on 7, just can go up a couple stairs and be at the Beach Blanket for breakfast or lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter