Cat.9 question?? How noisy??

TinkHappy

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering just how noisy deck 2 is? Is it hard to sleep? Is there any activity above you?

I think your question falls under "your mileage will vary", depending on your location on deck 2.On our last cruise, we had 2114, aft, and it was the quietest, most convenient stateroom we've ever had. The cruise before, we had 2520, the noisiest stateroom ever(right below nightclub)

Check out Dave's website at dcltribute.com for a list of the noisier staterooms on deck 2. Although he has my favorite stateroom 2114 listed in the noisy section, I'll vouch for it as quite the contrary....

alexandrew~I have that same stateroom on hold through Dreams Unlimited. We have stayed in a cat. 5 with the balchony and loved it. How was the Cat. 2 room? Was there enough room? We have 4 in our family 2 DD 7&9(at time of travel). Thanks for any help!!!

Hi Tracy!

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking about a category 2 room or a room on deck 2?

Category 2 rooms are all concierge level suites and they are located on deck 8.

Room 2114 is a category 9 stateroom located on deck 2.

Just want to make sure I understand before I tell you something totally irrelevant to your question!

Opps!!! I feel so, well, not very smart (stupid is a bad word in our house-hahaha). Thank you so much. What I meant was Cat.9 Deck 2. :confused: :confused:

Although my 2 boys, 18 mos and 6 yrs, are smaller than your children, I think the cat 9 stateroom will have ample room for your family....The sofa converts to a bed, and a pull down bunk bed is also utilized...

My DH, 4 year old and 16 month old DS's stayed in a Category 9 on Deck 2. For the price it was perfect since you are never in your room. It has a split bath and still had plenty of room with the crib for the baby. I agree with the above posters that room location is key. I had room #2108 and it was so quiet. I am SO picky when it comes to noise, I must have it dark and quiet. I like to tell people that is the best I slept in the last 4 years. I have already reserved that room and the room next door for my next cruise. On the other hand my parents were in 25 something as were my sister and her friend 25 something. It was the oposite side of the ship and whenever I was in their rooms I heard buzzing and noise.

Hope that helps...I used Dave's list as my guide too :)

Room 2131 was so quite I could have slept all day. I did hear some motor noise when we were docking, but nothing that would have "woke" me up. No hallway noise at all! Love it! Plenty of room for hubby and I and 2 kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter