Cat 6A Deck 5 AFT - Blocked?

yowcruiser

DIS Veteran
Over the years, I have become a fan of the AFT Verandah rooms, especially those with larger verandahs. I much prefer the ones on the Dream class ship, but do not mind the ones on Deck 5 or 7 on the Magic class ships. When trying to book for next Fall, those AFT rooms on Deck 5 are not bookable. I'd be surprised that other Gold and Platinum members snapped those up as they are often among the last to remain available.

Also noticed that on Deck 6 and 7, with the exception of AFT Rooms, only portside rooms are available...

Disney releases rooms in blocks. Once a chunk of those rooms are filled they'll release more. I would suggest calling and trying to see if they will book you in one now.

Disney releases rooms in blocks. Once a chunk of those rooms are filled they'll release more. I would suggest calling and trying to see if they will book you in one now.
Is this new due to COVID? I had no issues in the past booking any rooms on opening days

I booked one yesterday for the Dream and was amazed at how fast they did book up. I checked at 9am and all were open on decks 6 to 9, but noon only a couple were left. So they do seem pretty popular.

Is this new due to COVID? I had no issues in the past booking any rooms on opening days
I came across the issue when I was booking for May 2021. I ended up talking to a travel agent I used in the past and she was able to get me a room in the area I wanted. I don't know how often they do that or if they only do it on certain cruises or what.

I noticed that all of the 9D staterooms were guarantee yesterday early morning. And that was on a few cruises I checked. I think Disney is holding back.

Our Travel Agent was not able to get us an 11B aft inside stateroom on deck 5 on the Magic for our 10/9/2021 cruise today. She said she would try looking again next week to see if any show up. We like being on the same deck as the kids club cause our son is autistic. She was able to get us an 11B aft inside stateroom on deck 6 by the elevators for us.

Booked online 7 am yesterday. No deck 5 cabins available on the Magic. No deck 2 cabins available on the Dream. They must be holding them back. Maybe for crew use?

Booked online 7 am yesterday. No deck 5 cabins available on the Magic. No deck 2 cabins available on the Dream. They must be holding them back. Maybe for crew use?
My theory is that they are allowing bookings as if capacity constraints and "CDC protocols" whatever they may be, would still be in place. A working assumption is that DCL and other cruise lines would have to move passengers who are suspected of having COVID-19 to a segregated area of the ship. So right now, they are booking off one side of the ship, leaving the other side "off limits". If you do quick math, you have roughly 50% of the rooms being released as bookable.

And I too was looking for a deck 5 cabin...

I noticed that no deck 1 or deck 5 cabins were available on the Magic cruise I looked at this morning.

I definitely think that's intentional and that it's due to Covid precautions. Makes sense to have no deck 1 passengers as that's where the sick bay is. Deck 5 is where a crew area is located. They're probably setting aside separate floors for crew that can't live in tight quarters and/or for potential crew quarantine.

Yes! I wanted a starboard room and only port side was available
That‘s ‘normal’ when booking online. They only show 8 staterooms in your selected category. They display the first 8 with the lowest stateroom number. Therefore, they only show port rooms until there are less than 8 available in the category. If you want to book a starboard room until that happens, you need to call DCL.

Over the years, I have become a fan of the AFT Verandah rooms, especially those with larger verandahs. I much prefer the ones on the Dream class ship, but do not mind the ones on Deck 5 or 7 on the Magic class ships. When trying to book for next Fall, those AFT rooms on Deck 5 are not bookable. I'd be surprised that other Gold and Platinum members snapped those up as they are often among the last to remain available.
Platinum here. I can verify that the 6A aft HA rooms on deck 6 were not available at all - I was online when they "opened up" and became visible online shortly after 6:00am. I was hoping for one on deck 6, but only deck 7 was available. Once they filled up. HA Aft showed no more Aft HA available. Never showed deck 6 HA aft.

Last edited:
I called Monday at 8:01am and when I requested a certain cabin on deck 5 on two different sailings it was not available. Nothing showed online for deck 5 verandas.

posted this in another thread too. I wonder if they are blocking rooms so they can make it so families can be guaranteed to have their own table at dinner times Due to COVID-19.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter