Cat 3 suite worth the extra 3K?

TJeff

Mouseketeer
I'm looking into booking asap for an 07 family cruise.
For my family, the difference from a Cat 4 Deluxe Fam stateroom to a
1 bedroom suite is an additional $3000.

Is it worth the extra?
This will be our first disney cruise (5 and 2 year old).

One difference was concierge service.
What is this?
Sorry, don't flame me, I have no idea what this is.
We don't get to vacation that much.

Jeff

We stayed in both. With a 12 and 15 year old the almost double space and two showers of the cat 3 it is worth it for us. With your two young children, I would probably go with a cat 4 and save the cash for shore excursions and duty free purchases.
The concierge folks are nice and would bring daily fruit and cookies trays. Their Palo res help might not be of a real value to you with a seven night cruise and with the early pre cruise online booking now available.
We do really enjoy the great shampoo and body wash stuff in the cat 1 to 3 bathrooms. I forget the name but they smell great....

I think the previous poster meant to say that they would go with a category 4 & save the cash??? That would make the most sense to me. Of course, 3000 is the amount we usually spend on the entire cruise for the 4 of us. I would save the money so that you can rebook for another when onboard. :)

Agreed...I think that the cat. 4 would be great with the ages of your kids. We have stayed in a cat. 4 10 times and really enjoyed it. We Now are going to two rooms as our kids are getting a bit bigger. Down the road we will try a cat. 3...but we are waiting till they are older so we all really appreciate it!

Good luck!
:tink:

Yes. Save the money and go with the Cat 4. We stayed in a cat 5 and it was fine!

Thanks to all.
I just booked a Cat 4 room.
We didn't have too many optios since we have 5 in our party.
It was either a cat 3 suite for 5 or cat 4 for 5.
No other options.

Can't wait, but I guess I'll have to because it's for next April.

Jeff

Actually, did anyone suggest getting two connecting rooms? A 4 will actually be a little crowded with the murphy bed down. It blocks the verandah doors. My family stayed in a 4 & loved the extra room, but with a fifth person that benefit is eliminated. With the connecting doors you will also get the 2 double bathrooms & extra storage space. This tends to me less expensive as well. :)

I actually felt a little cramped in a Cat 4 Deluxe family with a toddler, DS 11 and DH. I went with the extra this booking after I viewed the Cat 3 next door to us in Jan. I will let you know! We do spend alot of time in our room, which makes a big difference. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter