• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castle Inn..How bad, really????

I have never stayed there personally; it's just not one of the places I've ever been willing to consider. I did have a friend who stayed there with her family a few years back. She described it as "not gross" and good as a place to sleep and nothing more. She said she didn't imagine she would stay there again but maybe for a really low price and quick trip she would at least consider it. That assessment is a few years old though, so I don't know what the current state of the place and reviews are like.

I stayed there for a last minute trip Spring break, 2011. I didn't really care for it. Everything seemed very old, the floors were oddly uneven, the beds were far from plush. The room was dark... you know how motels don't usually have windows on the far side of the entry door and that can make the room dark? The kids were happy to be away from it. We joked that from the side it looked like a prison instead of a castle when we were walking back at night. At one point during our stay they were cutting up a mattress with wire cutters and disposing of it in the dumpster which really put me off.

On the plus side, it was clean from a housekeeping standpoint.

There is no breakfast which added a good amount to our budget... it was during this trip that I learned that the IHOP across from the entrance is more expensive than other IHOPs.

I hope some people tell us that this motel is decent as I just made reservations for May.

Stayed there in Sept 2011. It was fine. Really outdated, but fine. Housekeeping were great, and front desk people were friendly. Didn't spend much time there. Just a place to sleep.

I would much rather go for a hotel on priceline. I got the Hilton Doubletree in Orange (I could tell what I was bidding on by researching the amenities) for 43.00 per night last summer. They provided a free shuttle to DL, and the room was so nice and comfortable and clean.

It isn't that hard to learn how to bid on priceline or get a room on hotwire. Hotwire can be a bit safer because you can pick a location (like Disneyland) and do a search for hotels closest to target destination. They won't tell you the name of the hotel, but will tell you the hotels in the class (like Hyatt, Omni, etc...) and the stars you are getting.

Priceline can be a bit harder to figure out what you are getting ahead of time, but you will always know the number of stars the hotel is. It takes a bit of education--but there is so much information out there, so anyone can learn.

I have had great luck getting very NICE hotels via priceline and hotwire.

Try that too...

Stayed there in Sept 2011. It was fine. Really outdated, but fine. Housekeeping were great, and front desk people were friendly. Didn't spend much time there. Just a place to sleep.

Good news. Thats all we will be using it for, a place to sleep. Thanks

I stayed a few years ago and we had no problems. I think we stayed 2 nights. Wasnt great but wasnt bad either.

We stopped staying there a couple of years ago. It was dirty and the final straw was a big ugly cockroach going across the mirror.:confused3

Stayed there 2 of my last 5 trips and its is fine for a place to sleep. The beds are kinda hard, the floor does leave your feet dirty so wear socks. The staff is super nice though. Keep in mind we paid at least 69 to 80 a night so $55 is a great deal. It is a bit of a walk from the park which adds to your fatigue at night, but its still a great deal. I would see how much of a deal you can get at the Tropicanna or even the desert inn.

We stayed there last month.. room was old but fine, parking was right outside our door... Staff was wonderful. The only bad thing was the internet stinks... other than that it was fine. My boys (20 and 21) walked from the park and had no problems.. All we wanted was a decent place to sleep and internet.. we got one of the two but for the price it was ok...

We stayed there- Feb of 11- room was actually very clean, good water pressure, quick walk to the park. Nice front desk people. We only used it to sleep and were in the parks open to close, but enjoyed that it had a microwave and fridge. We'd stay there again on a budget trip no prob. My DD spilt some oatmeal one morning and although I picked up the big flakes, there was still some left on the floor...housekeeping got it no prob and it wasn't in an easy area to see.

We stayed there last month.. room was old but fine, parking was right outside our door... Staff was wonderful. The only bad thing was the internet stinks... other than that it was fine. My boys (20 and 21) walked from the park and had no problems.. All we wanted was a decent place to sleep and internet.. we got one of the two but for the price it was ok...

Yep, the wifi stinks. Never got a signal from Castle, but at certain times of the day I could pick up the signal from Super8.

We stayed here in october 2012. the room was clean but it was a bit dated. the hotel staff was very friendly. its about a ten minute walk to the parks. as others have said, the internet wifi signal in our room was really bad, but if you really need to get online you can get a great signal in the hotel lobby.
If you need a place just to sleep, this is a decent, inexpensive, no frills hotel.

here are a few pictures of the hotel.

8068142693_bdd7f098fd_c.jpg

8068142017_53e39f9041_c.jpg

8068145932_549dcafaf3_c.jpg

8068146398_9891ce7981_c.jpg

8068141356_3b384c88dd_c.jpg

8068144537_a11381a774_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter