#CastCompliments are legit!

Keels

The Official Keels of RunDisney
I know people look for ways to recognize CMs and I just wanted to pass along my story from tonight!

I usually do Cast Compliments on Twitter any time I receive great Disney service. Tonight, at Epcot, I was chatting with a QS attendant right before Illuminations (I was the only one there - less than 5 minutes before the start of the show), and I said “I loved chatting - I’m going to go grab a seat and Tweet a Cast Compliment for you!” and she was so excited! She said she’s been hoping for one but she doesn’t get to spend much time with guests and this would be her first!

I can’t wait to see her happy face on Twitter when she gets the Cast Compliment certificate!

So, just another way to show some CMs some love!

Can you explain what this is and how to do it?

#CastCompliment is a really easy way to make sure Disney recognizes Cast Members who go above and beyond for you! It's facilitated through one of the Walt Disney World owned twitter accounts, @WDWToday.

Let's say a CM does something really nice for you and you want to make sure Disney knows about it, but you don't have time to stop by Guest Relations that day. You would open up Twitter on your phone and tweet something along these lines:

"Hey, @WDWToday I just want to say that (Insert Cast Member name) from (Name of the store/restaurant/attraction/general area) is the best! They (insert what they did to make your day special) and we really appreciated it! #CastCompliment"

Now that Twitter gives you 280 characters it's a bit easier. Try it out next time you're at the parks! When I was a CM, #CastCompliments were just starting out. When we closed the park at the end of the night, at our little meeting the managers would give out a printed version of the tweet and recognize the CM who got complimented. We really appreciated them.

This is so great! I had heard about this and was planning on trying to do this on our next visit and now that I know it actually gets recognized I am going to make even more of a point to! Cast members can be so wonderful, and I like that they do get some recognition for the amazing job they do. I want Disney to know how essential these guys and gals are to the park experience.

I recognized two CMs at Animal Kingdom last trip and a few days later WDWToday replied with a picture of the CMs. I love that they do this because it’s so fun to see hardworking CMs get recognized. A great CM at OKW helped me out too and I mentioned him on the survey they emailed me after I left. Don’t know if he got recognized. I would have tweeted a #CastCompliment for him too, but I didn’t know if I could do another one so soon after the AK one.

Glad to hear that it actually gets back to the CM. Looks like I'll be putting Twitter on my phone before my trip in January.

Is there a similar way for letting Disney know about "teachable moments"? I'm hoping I won't encounter any, but would like to be prepared nonetheless.

Is there a way, outside of Twitter, to do this? I don't do Twitter...would love a FB or Insta way, though..

An "old fashioned" way to do it would be to send email to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com. I usually put "cast compliment" in the subject line. I always get a response - 1st the automated one, and then an actual personal response stating that the cast member's leadership would be notified of the compliment.

One of the MAGICAL experiences for us during WDW vacation is to share our adventures through the Parks and see how Disney responds!

Not only do we have the usual castle and family photos but we also have photos of the CM's who were awesome to us!!!

Also be aware that @WDWToday doesn’t always follow through on the #castcompliment Tweets they receive. If you Tweet and @WDWToday doesn’t reply to your tweet nor do they reply with an additional photo of the CM receiving your #castcompliment, directly message them to inform them and also send your original compliment to:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I Tweeted a #castcompliment immediately after our KTTK tour and I never received a reply to my Tweet. When I messaged them to follow up, @WDWToday blamed it on the KTTK Guide’s Leader/Manager. Interesting because we began our KTTK morning talking to the Leader because he is a personal friend of the CM who was in our party. The Leader also was the ‘15 and ‘16 WDW Ambassador representing all CMs and knows the value of Guests’ comments. For him to be blamed was a little alarming.

Needless to say, we did resend our compliments in through other media. I also checked with @rteetz and he confirmed @WDWToday also had not followed through with his #castcompliment.

Emails get read by the guest relations department and Twitter is handled by the social media team. From my experience, on Twitter they only reply to those that are detailed and unique, so make sure to include what they specifically did to make your visit magical to increase your chances of getting a reply. They also try to spread it around, so if you have a role that doesn’t usually get a lot of attention like the OP mentioned, your chances are better. WDWToday seems better about responding than DisneylandToday. There are some people that seem to tweet about every CM they run into; usually the Twitter account will only respond to one.

Thank you for this! My Dad broke a tooth in half on our last day and the First Aid crew at Magic Kingdom totally saved the day, they were wonderful.

Emails get read by the guest relations department and Twitter is handled by the social media team. From my experience, on Twitter they only reply to those that are detailed and unique, so make sure to include what they specifically did to make your visit magical to increase your chances of getting a reply. They also try to spread it around, so if you have a role that doesn’t usually get a lot of attention like the OP mentioned, your chances are better. WDWToday seems better about responding than DisneylandToday. There are some people that seem to tweet about every CM they run into; usually the Twitter account will only respond to one.
Because @WDWToday has the ability to pick and choose who receives a #castcompliment after a Guest has taken the time to compliment a CM, it’s best that a Guest send in the #castcompliment to:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I always take pictures of the CM's to get their names right and on my resort hopping day I stop off at Guest Relations and fill out a lot of cards.

I always take pictures of the CM's to get their names right and on my resort hopping day I stop off at Guest Relations and fill out a lot of cards.

I do something similar. After many trips of thinking "I'll remember XYZ's name later"...I've given up and realize I just can't, no matter how much I try to memorize the name/what happened! Now I make it a point to stop and write a quick "Note" on my phone with a name/place, something quick to trigger my memory later. Takes the discipline to stop and do it, but it helps a ton days later when trying to remember specifics. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter