Castaway Keys 5k & Character meet in Morning

Maesa

Mouseketeer
I plan on signing up for the Castaway keys 5k. I noticed in youtube vdo's when you get of the ship there are characters. Are there characters early when you get off for the 5k? Are they out through out the day?

Thank you.

Castaway CAY.

Generally characters are not out when you leave for the not-quite-a-5K. But they should be when you are done.

The schedule will be in the Navigator that is put in your cabin the night before.

Not for the start of the race. Never seen them. But as Dug said, where they will be and when is posted in the Navigator.

Not to usurp the thread, but how do you sign up for the 5k? Thinking we might do it as a family. I hate running, but since I am sort of training for the Wine & Dine 5k (only to be backstage and in a closed park), I might as well use the training for another run and pretend I'm fit:)

Not to usurp the thread, but how do you sign up for the 5k? Thinking we might do it as a family. I hate running, but since I am sort of training for the Wine & Dine 5k (only to be backstage and in a closed park), I might as well use the training for another run and pretend I'm fit:)
Go to guest services and they give you the tickets.

At Guest Services or Port Adventure desk. Just a note - it's ages 10+. And no stroller, motorized wheelchairs, or scooters.

Being backstage and in the closed park is AWESOME. I did the 5K a few years back and it was amazing. You have to get there at the most godawful hour, though. (I think check in was a 4AM, and the race kicked off at 6. Something like that.)

Attachments

• me_6928971439_o.jpg
    me_6928971439_o.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 10
Being backstage and in the closed park is AWESOME. I did the 5K a few years back and it was amazing. You have to get there at the most godawful hour, though. (I think check in was a 4AM, and the race kicked off at 6. Something like that.)

4AM? Not these days I'm guessing. This past summer, we assembled at 8 and didn't start running until 9. (Fantasy EC)

The 10+ rule for the 5K is one of my biggest gripes about DCL. My daughter is 7 and can probably beat half the field. They should allow proof of time or something like that for kids under 10.

I did the 5K about 3 years ago and I got the perfect 5K photo with Pluto at the end. The characters aren't there waiting for you.. But they are set up to meet the guests coming off the ship. It was just happenstance that I got such a good photo.

The 10+ rule for the 5K is one of my biggest gripes about DCL. My daughter is 7 and can probably beat half the field. They should allow proof of time or something like that for kids under 10.

The age thing doesn't make sense since run Disney lets younger kids run the races you pay for in the parks.

As for the person wanting to see the back stage areas of a park--go do a runDisney race at Disneyland if you really want to see backstage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter