Castaway Creek-type creek at SB?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
On the Travel Channel recently at the Y&B Samantha Brown was floating around at SB in what looked to be a creek ride like at Typhoon Lagoon (I think there's one at BB too, but I've never been there). Is there such a thing to just float around in? If so, that's my type of pool. Don't like to swim, but I do like the "lazy river" floating.

At SB there is 'kind of' a lazy river and you can rent tubes. When we were there it was impossible to just 'float along'. There are kids/babies/adults swimming so you have to try and 'maneuver' around them. I didn't see one guy and his baby and plowed into them :(. (the tubes are pretty big and I couldn't see behind me well) Wasn't very relaxing for me LOL. If you happened to be there on a day it wasn't busy though, it might be.

I found that it was easier to just float around in the small area rather than have a tube. The tubes may be better used at night but I don't know if you can get one then. During the day many people are using the jets to push them along without any effort. Its great if you are swimmer or tall.

I also am one that just floated around the 'creek' at SB. It is pretty small in size and goes around in a pretty tight circle....I think water tubes just makes it seem more crowded or cluttered. There are water powered jets pushing you along pretty quickly in this area. If you want a good workout though, try and swim against the flow of the water in this area....those jets really push forcefully in certain spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter