Castaway Club?

Barb

A DIS Original!
I was under the impression that we would receive something in the mail, shortly after we returned home, saying we are now members of the Castaway Club? We sailed in October and have yet to receive anything but a special rate offer. There was nothing about being Castaway Club members. Are we automatically members or do I have to wait for a membership notification? Thanks!

Keep calling - we sailed last April and still have not received anythng (however I do have our CC#'s). I have called three times, hopefully the third time will work because the lady promised she'd get our info out. We're sailing again this April so I'll stay on them.

It's a complementary "club" for repeat cruisers. Once you've cruised once, you are automatically members.

They have a special check-in area, toll free phone number and get some special offers (like an oboard ship credit if you rebook within 120 days and sail within 18 months).

Also I seem to recall that they have some sort of reception on board with the captain that is limited to CC members.

Click on this link for more info on the Castaway Club

The reception on board for return cruisers is quite nice. It is a small appetizer buffet with free cocktails. It last about an hour or so and the Captain and the Officers are in attendance. You can get photo ops with the Captain and he very accessible for questions. They keep having to hold it in larger rooms since there are so many repeat cruisers on each cruise now!!!!

You also get a complimentary gift in your stateroom such as a DCL logo tote/beach/gym bag. They change them every so often. We also had a "crate" of goodies in our room with soda, canday, snacks, etc.

MJ

We got the tote bag but never a "crate" of goodies. We didn't attend the get together last time but want to on our next cruise. Was it formal(coat for men) or just casual clothes? We also have never seen the line for castaway club members check in at the terminal either. Never been a problem since they are very fast anyway but still thought we were supposed to have priority in check in.

IIRC, as you face the check-in stands, the CC check-in is on the far righthand side, not quite at the far wall, but one or 2 stands from it.

FM,

Thanks for the info. Never have walked that far down before. Always a castmember available in the first few windows.

OK....I am totally confused and afraid that I am going to be extremely disappointed once I get onboard.

I booked my cruise directly through Disney.....was told I would be getting the $200 shipboard Credit (Castaway Club). Then I transferred my ressies to DU to take advantage of their shipboard credit and rebate. Then there was a big price decrease. I am counting on a $300 shipboard credit. How can I confirm that this is what I will receive?

Any ideas?

Kathy

I'm not sure what shipboard credit DU is offering - I was only aware of the CC credit and the DU rebate. If you have any questions, I would contact your DU agent and ask - they have always been very helpful and prompt when I had questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter