Castaway Club Levels - Question for Veterans :)

Madhattermad

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

Quick question about castaway club membership. Firstly, you go up levels based on cruises taken and not nights...is this right?

If so, I am working on the assumption that when I sail on the Magic at Sea UK Staycation cruise in September I will go up a level and become silver, is this correct?

Also, how quickly does this happen - is it instantaneous on disembarking the ship? or does it take days/weeks to change?

I ask because barring any cancellation, I am due to also sail on the Dream in Dec - if I don't move up to Silver then I can only book activities at the 75 day mark BUT if I'm Silver then I can at 90 days. However, my 90 days mark is when I am on the Magic. So I understand that I will miss the silver opening date as I wouldn't have disembarked yet - I still have a day to go BUT will I be able to book a few days later because I will change to Silver and this will open (before we hit the 75 day mark - so still earlier than first timers) - or will there be a time lapse and I will still need to wait to 75 days out?

Hope that's clear

K. x

Yep, you will become Silver immediately after your first cruise. Because you become Silver less than 90 days before your December cruise, you will not get the full window other Silvers get, but you will get it before the 75 day booking window you would otherwise have. Just start booking everything for December the day you get off your September cruise. Have fun (on both).

The change is automatic the second they officially close the cruise. We went from gold to platinum in between B2B cruises. Our new KTTW cards for the second cruise showed us as being platinum and we got the onboard perks for that level.

You should see the change reflected online on the CC membership page.

Looks like you got your answer which i agree with. Have a magical time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter