Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

Thank you for this picture. On my iphone 6 plus WITH glasses and need all the help I can get!

Is this SB or FB and what cabana is this? I want to request this cabana. Thank you!

If you can zoom in on the picture, you'll see the Cabana # sign (backwards) says "15". So, on the Family Beach.

Cabana 15 on FB. I have it in May. I will report back!

If you can zoom in on the picture, you'll see the Cabana # sign (backwards) says "15". So, on the Family Beach.

Thank you both! This looks like a great location. Is hat correct? I would LOVE to go to SB but I do not like how the cabanas are so far from the beach. Do you all agree and is 15 a sougjt after cabana?

They have added 18-21 on FB. I was told by concierge that 17 is kept reserved for weddings. I just wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle but then started to worry I was too far. I was going to switch but I've read that the volleyball court is in front of 11-14. I think the lower numbers go faster than the higher numbered ones. I've read that 9 & 10 have the best views of the ship.

Eta: lower #s go faster because I think people want to be closer to restrooms and food

I have enjoyed cabana 15 both times I've had it. It's a bit more away from the crowds and quieter. It is a longer walk but if you don't mind walking then it's a very nice location.

Can you get a pack n play for the cabana? Wasn't re so i thought i would ask.
We just cruised in January and they had it all set up for us with the bedding in there too. My son slept great and it was windy with some banging sounds from shade cover knocking back and forth but he was out cold for his normal nap time. :)

How fast do cabanas book up? We can start reserving at 90 days so I don't think if I should even get my hopes up.

How fast do cabanas book up? We can start reserving at 90 days so I don't think if I should even get my hopes up.

Try, of course, but from discussions on this board I wouldn't get my hopes up for the family beach. For Serenity Bay, on a cruise last year we had a cabana and the other three were empty!

I tried with no luck to get one on our May 25 cruise. I still keep checking every day. Silver level. I heard they were booked/sold out long before I was able to reserve. There was one on the adult beach when my booking window opened, but we have 3 kiddos.

We were unable to book a cabana on Serenity Beach when our window opened (as all were booked), so we booked a cabana on the family beach. I check several times a day for a Serenity Bay cabana. If one becomes available I will book it and release the resevation for the family beach. So keep checking - you never now when one will be available.

16727246504_93fa76d099_o.jpg

I don't understand tides very well (Arizona gal here), but this was the view from Cabana 15 on the Family Beach on 3/15/15 around 10:00 am or so local time (my family were marveling at all the jellyfish in the water). The water seemed to be this low for the entire day. We loved the peace and quiet though, it was great! The only other people in the lagoon were guests from the grand cabanas (or whatever the giant ones are called).

Last edited:
11082506_10153256476934203_7428530060771675891_n.jpg

I don't understand tides very well (Arizona gal here), but this was the view from Cabana 15 on the Family Beach on 3/15/15 around 10:00 am or so local time (my family were marveling at all the jellyfish in the water). The water seemed to be this low for the entire day. We loved the peace and quiet though, it was great! The only other people in the lagoon were guests from the grand cabanas (or whatever the giant ones are called).
Was the water "swim able" with the jelly fish?! I learned there's a huge wedding party going to be in all the large cabanas on the end. I hope it's a nice retreat. Dh's mom passed away suddenly today. We leave next Monday. Its not going to be the "party" I had imagined but still a vacation. Thx for the picture!

Cashe - Yes there were kids and adults in and out of the lagoon all day and we never heard any yelps or cries. We asked the lifeguard about them and he said they were young (about 3" across) and pretty harmless. He said that sometimes in the warmer months he'd be on a lifeguard tower in the snorkel area and see people swimming among dozens of them without a problem. There were probably 15 - 20 jellyfish in that quadrant of the lagoon - most would bury back down in the sand until disturbed. We only noticed what they were when one was swimming.

I imagine that it will still be quiet for you - the large cabanas are quite a distance away from 15 - across the lagoon area, almost kitty-corner from this photo. I'm sorry to hear of your MIL's passing - I hope you have a nice trip considering the circumstances.

Was the water "swim able" with the jelly fish?! I learned there's a huge wedding party going to be in all the large cabanas on the end. I hope it's a nice retreat. Dh's mom passed away suddenly today. We leave next Monday. Its not going to be the "party" I had imagined but still a vacation. Thx for the picture!

Im so sorry about your mother in law.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!