Castaway Cay Gift

I don't know if the Castaway Club gift is different on the Dream. It's been the red/black barrel bag, metal water bottles, key chain, and rice krispy flip-flops for Silver level since the end of 2009.

I don't know if the Castaway Club gift is different on the Dream. It's been the red/black barrel bag, metal water bottles, key chain, and rice krispy flip-flops for Silver level since the end of 2009.

Does anyone know if that is the same for Gold members?

Yes, it is part of the Gold CC gift, then there are addition items (luggage strap and zippered travel document holder) and a shopping credit.

Pj

Wow! A shopping credit sounds great. Hopefully I can use it at Shutters. We spend the most there.:cool1:

I am hoping they do something different for the Dream. Guess we'll all find out in about 10 days! LOL!

Shutters and the Spa are run by an outside company, the credit is only good in the main Disney operated shops.

Pj

You get a $25 OBC for every $100 purchase [made at one time] so if you are going to buy more be sure to break the items up into around $100 purchases so you get a credit for each. ;)

You get a $25 OBC for every $100 purchase [made at one time] so if you are going to buy more be sure to break the items up into around $100 purchases so you get a credit for each. ;)
UGH!!!
I need 3 more cruises to get this benefit!!! I have 1 booked...we might need to do two more 3 nighters on the Dream just so I can get to Gold Status!! :lmao:

Do you know whether the credit is limited to the number of people in your stateroom or not? Makes sense to me that it would be, but I've read conflicting reports about that.

Do you know whether the credit is limited to the number of people in your stateroom or not? Makes sense to me that it would be, but I've read conflicting reports about that.

The credit is for every $100. We were told there was no limit on how many credits we would get. We were also told that the purchases did not have to be made all at once...that merchandising would tally it all at the end.

I think we ended up with $75 off at the end of our last cruise.

Jim

The discount is offered to whoever is a gold or platinum members only, whether they are in your stateroom or not. This is determined by card that is used to make the purchase. You are charged the full $100 at the time of purchase and overnight the accounting team credits your stateroom the $25. If your cabin mate is not a gold member and you are, you have to use YOUR card to get the discount. If your cabin mate is not gold or higher, he or she will NOT get the $25 credit. I know this from experience.

I'm not sure about the post that merchandising will tally purchases at the end. The "benefit letter" clearly states that the $100 must be purchased at one time. I KNOW that Mickey's Mates has allowed me to carry merchandise to Treasure Ketch so I could total $100 (I actually asked if they could take it over so they wouldn't think I was stealing; the CM said I was welcome to do it!)

I'm not sure about the post that merchandising will tally purchases at the end. The "benefit letter" clearly states that the $100 must be purchased at one time. I KNOW that Mickey's Mates has allowed me to carry merchandise to Treasure Ketch so I could total $100 (I actually asked if they could take it over so they wouldn't think I was stealing; the CM said I was welcome to do it!)

We were told by the CMs last week that it had to be in the same purchase. DH doesn't keep up with that stuff so he bought something for DD seperately. I took the receipt and explained that I planned to buy it with other items and if there was any way they could return the item and allow me to buy it with those items to get the credit. It was quickly done but I doubt they would have done that if the total purchases were added together at the end of the cruise.

We were told by the CMs last week that it had to be in the same purchase. DH doesn't keep up with that stuff so he bought something for DD seperately. I took the receipt and explained that I planned to buy it with other items and if there was any way they could return the item and allow me to buy it with those items to get the credit. It was quickly done but I doubt they would have done that if the total purchases were added together at the end of the cruise.

Lisa,

Your DH sounds like mine! That's why I'm in charge of the shopping! We really enjoyed this 'perk'...took advantage of it about 5 times! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter