Cast Member Discounts

tjlamphere

DIS Veteran
We know a CM, and are coming the first week of March. Any idea what kind of discount a CM can get on a room at a Disney Resort? I know they get a break, but anyone know what % ??? Also, anyone have a feel for what kind of rate I might pay at a Moderate the first week of March? I understand "codes" will be out early next month?

From what I know they are not allowed to talk about their discounts.

tjlamphere said:
We know a CM, and are coming the first week of March. Any idea what kind of discount a CM can get on a room at a Disney Resort? I know they get a break, but anyone know what % ??? Also, anyone have a feel for what kind of rate I might pay at a Moderate the first week of March? I understand "codes" will be out early next month?

Your friend will be the best source of information as the discount can vary. Since they will have to do the booking anyway just ask him or her.

Sammie said:
Your friend will be the best source of information as the discount can vary. Since they will have to do the booking anyway just ask him or her.

Like I just said...they can vary...sheesh.

TaurusSES_Sport said:

by the timing of your post and the previous one that you are picking on it looks like he may have been typing his while you were posting yours. I don't think he intended to step on any toes. :grouphug:

TaurusSES_Sport said:

I have noticed in some of your posts you seem to be very easily upset by what others post.

My comments to the OP should have no effect on you, as stated many times when people post they are not even able to read the previous post at the time they post theirs.

I really do not understand your hostility.

I have gotten the CM rate frequentky since we have a few freinds who work at WDW. What i have been told the rate is 50% off rack rate for the season you are requesting. This is assuming there are rooms available. You have to be willing to be flexible because the resort you really want may not be available. You also have to be willing to not complain too much. By this i mean your room ressie is tied to that CM. If the staff feels you are being a pain it will reflect on that CM and may adversly affect their job.

I should also mention that the CM will have to show up at some point suring your stay and show their ID to the front desk. I hate to ave My freind have to do this so i booked my last stay without her knowledge using an AP rate ( She was 9+ months pregnant and i didnt want her to have to do anything extra for me)

so I can talk about it. I don't think it's really a big secret...at least they never put it to us that way.

If you have a CM family member or friend, they can book a room for you at about a 50% discount. This program is called Second Bedroom. The way they explained it to us was that now that we were CMs, everybody and anybody would be wanting to come stay with us in our homes. So, they designed the program so CMs wouldn't be bombarded with people. You get a certain number of "second bedrooms" per year. I can't remember the number right now, sorry. If your friend/family member works in the resorts...they can get as many as they want. The CM has to make the ressie for you, based totally and completely on availability of course, and they also have to go to the resort and show their Disney ID. Then, you're all set. It's a great thing! You're lucky if you have a CM willing to do this for you. I had a friend who was there for a convention staying at the Hilton at DTD. Her family was joining her for the weekend and they were going to pay some ridiculous price at the Hilton. I got her Coronado Springs for $69 per night.

Another thing I should mention...it varies as far as how far out the CM can get the discount for you. varies depending on occupancy.

No big secret....

PamNC

I don't think there are many rooms set aside for discounted rates. I say this based on experience. I booked a rokom for my family for 2/18/05 back in early November. They can't check in to their timeshare until the next day, so I got a room at DAKL for them at a CM rate. Last week, they asked me to add another room, since my sister is bringing a friend. There were no more rooms of any kind at the dicounted rate when I called Thursday. When my dad called himself on Fri to try and get the AAA rate (which is 10% I think), he did get a discounted rate, but not as good as teh original one. I do have to check in with them, to show my id as a previous poster mentioned, but I don't have to stay with them. I will keep trying to get them a better rate on that second room, but there are no guarantees.

Sammie, you are right, and others have noticed that as well. :D

We've been able to get a CM rate a couple of times in the past year. I actually made the reservations myself. The CM gave me the appropriate #s and phone number to dial. I explained to the CM at DRC what I was doing. I had no problems.

Also at least in our case, the CM did not have to be with us at checkin. In fact, I was even told she could fax a copy of her badge to the front desk from her workplace at WDW. As it happened, she stopped by the front desk and showed her id before we checked in each time.

As another poster said your best bet is to ask your CM friend if they can/will do this for you. Since they are limited to the number of these they can book in a year they may or may not be able to help you.
Standard discount is 25% off if the 50% rate is not available. Just keep in mind that discounts are hit or miss just like the code discounts.
At this point your friend would have to be a WDW CM since Disney Store no longer gets this benefit as of 2 weeks ago.
HTH

It's very frustrating when you have a friend who has worked for Disney for 10 years and won't help you out with a room....

He has offered to let us in the parks for free (he works overnight shifts, and we would just meet him when his shift was over). Thats a help, but would love to get a discount at the Pop Century, or Port Orleans French Quarter....

I work for Playstation, and whenever he needs a game or something, he don't hesitate to ask...I always come through. Oh well...Just a little frustrating....Because we could use any discounts we can get!

Sometimes you just gotta tell people like that the next time they want a favor exactly what you expect from them in return. I'm still dissapointed as a former cast member that I can't get a discount myself ! I was told you need 15 years of service for that perk. Oh well. Keep working on your friend. Try photocopying the strand and mail it to him !

The discount rates have changed for 2005 and they are only 40% off for friends and family option. There is a special CM resort line that NOW has to be called to make the reservation--this can no longer be done through the regular guest reservation line. The CM needs to call and have all of the information about who's staying in the room including children's ages/birthdays. The CM has to give their employee information and needs to fax a copy of their ID to the resort or stop by the resort prior to checking in. As doombuggy said, the rooms are pretty much booked up by now. The CM discounts for 2005 were released last July 2004. (I made most of my ressies then.) Flexibility is the key to getting a room. I still need to tweak some of my ressies for September, but was waiting for the computer system to get better.

CMs from the Disney Store who made reservations prior to the sale will have ALL of their room reservations honored throughout 2005, but CAN NOT make any new reservations. Hopefully your friend is not a TDS/CM, if so, you are out of luck.

cmack98 said:
It's very frustrating when you have a friend who has worked for Disney for 10 years and won't help you out with a room....

He has offered to let us in the parks for free (he works overnight shifts, and we would just meet him when his shift was over). Thats a help, but would love to get a discount at the Pop Century, or Port Orleans French Quarter....

I work for Playstation, and whenever he needs a game or something, he don't hesitate to ask...I always come through. Oh well...Just a little frustrating....Because we could use any discounts we can get!

Perhaps your friend uses this perk for his family. This is only available to use 5 times per year. It is Disney's way to help family/friends visit with their CM's when they live out of town. OR, maybe your friend doesn't know the "friends and family" resort discount exist??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter