Cashing in Starwood Points

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
I have 3200 points - I talked to someone from Starwood and the lady said that I could walk into say, the Dolphin, and ask for credit for a meal there with my points. It would be $20 for every 1500 points. Has anyone ever done this?

Have not heard of that. Go to spg.com and click on redeem points and the programs are well highlighted. There is no mention of this on the web-site.
Connears

Yes, you can use your starwood points and redeeem them from meal credits, room upgrades, etc. I have used them to upgrade to concierge level numerous times.

The lady even said I would not have to be staying at the resort.... Or I could turn them into airline miles.

I have used spg points to upgrade and to book with cash and points. I know you accrue points when you dine in one of their restaurants, but did not find anywhere that you could use points to dine. I'll continue to investigate..especially since getting amex spg platinum card.
Connears

I inquired about Instant Rewards at check in at the Dolphin in Dec. 2003 after being told to do so by SPG phone rep. 1500 starpoints translates to 20.00 towards meals, massages, etc.
When checking in, the desk clerk didn't know, had to check with someone. She returned saying they didn't offer the program toward dining but I could use the points to reduce my room bill. I filled out a small form and she calculated the points (16,500) into cash (220.00) and credited that to our bill. Hope this info helps...

P.S. I've also tried to upgrade to a balcony room using points but it has never been available 5 days out or at checkin.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!