Cash4Gold and diamond engagement ring-has anyone did this?

tami82

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone had ever sold an old engagement diamond ring (say maybe from a first marriage that didnt work out) with Cash4Gold. I currently have a 1/2 caret pear shape ring (gold band) and the 3 c's are supposed to be really good from what i remember. Can someone tell me there experiences with this and what kind of ring you had, and the amount you got back from them. I had went online to order an envelope but now wondering if it is worth it. I could really use that extra money for Disney.

I'm pretty sure that you'll get a LOT less than you think...they're not interested in the diamond...just the gold.

I think you need to remove the diamond and sell that separately.

How old is old on the diamond? The reason I'm asking is that I just had my engagement ring reset after 30 years (oh and we won't go into how I reset it in exactly the same setting). In any case what the jewler told me (48th St NYC Diamond Center) is what made my diamond more valuable was the fact that diamonds were no longer "cut" in the way mine was. So what I am thinking is that since you live in NJ and not that far from NYC, I would take the time to go to the Diamond center and have it valued and see exactly what they tell you. Good luck.

I wouldn't do it if I were you. PP is right - there are plenty of reputable jewelers in our area that will give you a much better value for your gold and diamond than cash for gold. Stick to the bigger name jewelers that have been around longer and they will give you a deal or refer you to another that will. There's always Jeweler's Row in Philly if NYC is too far for you.

Use a reputable LOCAL jewel - cash4gold, etc. is more a rip-off than anything. Look them up. Some journalists and states have done exposes on them and people get back pennies on the dollar for what the gold is really worth.

thanks for letting me know. I will just go to the local jeweler and see what happens. I wont bother with the other thing then.

I would have the ring appraised and then sell it on craigslist or ebay , if you list if for les than the appraisel you will probably get the most money going this route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter