• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cash tips

Mtinkerbell5189

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if we are allowed to give cash tips anywhere on the ship? Such as stateroom host(on top of regular tip at the end)? Please enlighten me :)

I was wondering if we are allowed to give cash tips anywhere on the ship? Such as stateroom host(on top of regular tip at the end)? Please enlighten me :)

The current procedure re: tips on DCL is that they will automatically put the suggested tips (for room host, dining room server, asst server, and head server) on your onboard account.

At the end of your cruise, you will receive tip coupons and envelopes. The coupons will have the name & position of the person being tipped (as well as the amount), and they are two-part. You tear them in half and place one half in the appropriate envelope to hand to the correct person. You can add additional cash to the envelope at this time, if you wish.

Room service will accept cash tips as well.

You can tip additional cash to bartenders/drink servers if you wish. However, the bar bill already includes a 15% tip. That 15% is pooled to be divided among all bartenders/drink servers. Additional cash in this case would go directly to the bartender or server that you tip.

Can you leave a cash for your room steward before the end of the trip when I would still give them the suggested amount?

Can you leave a cash for your room steward before the end of the trip when I would still give them the suggested amount?

You want to tip before they do anything? Yes, you can. But it's not necessary. You can also go to Guest Services and up the amount on the auto tip, if you wish, at any time.

I do a mixture of both cash and the standard tip coupons. I usually put down the recommended amount for the tips and add cash as I feel appropriate to each envelope.

We were just on the Magic last month and we did tip cash in addition to the reg tips . We brought thank you cards with us but we got some super cute ones that were hand stamped in our FE so I used those instead .
We had 2 adults and 2 kids on a 6 day cruise and gave an 100.00 extra to the room host and 75 to our assistant waiter . I did not tip the head waiter or our lead waiter anything extra . Neither of them gave us exceptional service and we found our waiter to not really enjoy kids LOL he was put out much of the time and let it show . We talked with the table closest to us about it on night 3 and they agreed he should get off the the Disney ship right away
With the assistant waiter we gave her the card when we sat down for our last dinner and she opened it at some point . When we got up to leave and were saying our goodbyes she had tears in her eyes and thanked us for the thank you card she said it meant so much to her that she was going hang it up in her room .

PrincessShmoo said:
You want to tip before they do anything? Yes, you can. But it's not necessary. You can also go to Guest Services and up the amount on the auto tip, if you wish, at any time.

I have done this-tipped extra in cash early in the cruise and have NEVER had better service!!!

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;47859229]I have done this-tipped extra in cash early in the cruise and have NEVER had better service!!![/QUOTE]
I always feel bad because I have a teenager boy :scared: I always tip the room steward extra at the first day of the cruise so he will not get upset at the messes my son leaves when I am not there to tell him to pickup and put away. I also feel bad because my son sleeps until noon every day and the room steward has to leave our room until last to clean. The extra tip makes me feel better and hopefully make the room steward not be so upset with us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter