Casey's Corner?

Blisskitty

Earning My Ears
Hey all! So the last time I planned a Disney vacation was May of 2008, and at the time Disney was changing over to wheat buns that everyone was up in arms about. What was the outcome of that? I didn't get a hot dog at Casey's Corner, but my family did eat at Pecos Bill's a couple of times and I didn't notice anything too terrible about the buns. (I found it to be really yummy, in fact!) Mmmm all those carmelized onions and mushrooms and cheese sauce for your fries! Nummers!! :cloud9:

So..what's the deal with the buns? Whatever happened with that?:confused3

I prefer all of my bread to be wheat, preferably 100% whole wheat. I had a hotdog at Casey's in May 2009 and don't remember the bun being wheat. If it was, it definately was not 100% whole wheat. We did go just before closing, so maybe than ran out of wheat buns :confused3 Now you have me curious. I'm going to have to check that out in June.

We had lunch at Casey's in October 2009; and I cant remember whether or not the hot dog buns were wheat or not. Whatever they were or not, they tasted great!

If I remember correctly, people were saying the buns were dry and falling apart as they were eating their hot dog. /shrug I dunno. I had no problems while I was there, but starting to plan a new vacation, I remembered how upset people were and just wondered what wound up happening!

They switched both the buns and the dogs. I was surprised at how different the buns were - we use whole wheat buns at home and they're not so dry and falling apart as Casey's were. I don't think Casey's are whole wheat though - probably made with wheat flour which isn't really that much healthier than the old buns.

And the dogs are no longer 100% beef. I don't know what the mix is now, but they aren't as good. I didn't tell DD9 about the change, but she didn't finish hers and doesn't want to go back - she could tell they were changed without being jaded by the DIS. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter