Casey Jr & Fairytale Boat Ride Closures

MichelinMan

I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!
I just thought I would update you on the latest opening days for these rides.

I had naively thought these two rides would be open all week during the summer period, but it appears not - we left it until the Wednesday to go on these and found them both closed. A CM told us they are closed Tue-Thurs every week, so bear that in mind when trip planning. They were not highlighted on the ride closure plans at all.

Thanks for the heads up! Our trip runs thurs to tues so will make sure we get a few rides in the first couple of days. DD loves casey junior and was very disappointed on our last trip as it was closed then too.

We were caught out with this too at Easter. It's a shame, we never got on Casey Junior as we left it to later in the week.

I didn't ask if it was a scheduled closure so thanks for letting me know. They should really print that somewhere!

Does anyone know why these 2 rides are closed so much? I know they are at the back and some people miss them, but they are very popular (especially with my DD) and I have queued for 40 mins once to get on Casey Jr.

It seems such a shame to miss them. When you pay your money you expect all rides to be open unless there is a fault on them.

We were there this week, and they were closed on the Weds and Thurs, but open sat and sun. It does seem strange that these are so often shut, my little one loves these two rides.

Those two rides were closed last monday as well... I was very disappointed:sad2:

Thank you for this thread! :thanks:

We are going Tues-Fri so will make sure they are in the itinerary for Friday as they are both on our "to do" list!!

Hi just logging in from the Redwood Bar at the Sequoia Lodge, at the moment the two rides seem to be open daily and from 11am - 7pm. We haven't yet managed to get on them, parks are VERY busy and it's very hot!

Hi just logging in from the Redwood Bar at the Sequoia Lodge, at the moment the two rides seem to be open daily and from 11am - 7pm. We haven't yet managed to get on them, parks are VERY busy and it's very hot!

Hi Diane Good to hear from you. Are you having fun?

This is good to know as Casey is a big fav here.
It was not open at all the first year we were there but was opening the following,

This is VERY disappointing as we are in the park only tues-thurs and really wanted to go on both of these and have never been on it yet during our last 2 trips.

why is it only part time ?

Enjoy the rest of your trip Diane :hug:

Casey Jr and Storybook rides are two of our favourites :thumbsup2

At the airport ready to come home! Both rides were closed on Wednesday but open today although Casey broke down for a while and then had a 25 minute wait so we didn't ride this time. One added bonus was that Cinderella and Ariel were around both these rides at approx half three - 4 o'clock. I will add that the staggered opening times do not help with planning!

Mmmm interesting this must be a bit of a meeting place for princesses as when we were there 2 weeks ago Belle appeared from the gates beside casey and was signing autographs. We didn't go over as we'd just had lunch at Auberge and were having princess over dose:rotfl:

At the airport ready to come home! Both rides were closed on Wednesday but open today although Casey broke down for a while and then had a 25 minute wait so we didn't ride this time. One added bonus was that Cinderella and Ariel were around both these rides at approx half three - 4 o'clock. I will add that the staggered opening times do not help with planning!

Was it open every day other than Wednesdays?

I'm sorry I really don't know, the first time we made our way round there (after 7pm) it had a rope across the pathway with the opening times as 11am - 7pm - no closure days on it. We went back that way after 11am on Wednesday to find the sign (flag) had changed to say closed today. We didn't go back until Friday when it was open, this area certainly has become more popular, the queues were reaching 30 minutes at times when in previous years (at the same time) they were virtually walk ons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter