• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Case of the Missing DDP TS Credits!

Brygida

DIS Veteran
Just returned from FREE dining at WDW! Being a DDP veteran I knew I needed to check my receipts after each DDP meal to ensure the proper credits had been taken. Well at our first TS meal of our 8 day trip, I looked once, I looked twice, and sure enough the receipt showed we had already used 6 credits, when I was expecting to have only used 2! :scared1:

I called. I asked if they could have possibly taken "payment" out of my DDP credits for one of our "credit card" required ressies, such as HDDR? or Akershus? I was re-directed to the resort concierge. However, the concierge was closed for the evening, so I spoke to a manager. The manager got a print out of all my DDP charges and sure enough, the HDDR credits were deleted from my DDP on our day of arrival, even though the ressie was for day 7 of our trip! It would have been nice if someone would have let me know... somehow... :confused3 so I wouldn't have wasted a couple hours panicking!

By the way, they didn't take out credits for Akershus until we actually ate there. It just seemed pretty random to me. :confused: And there was no way to check with a phone call.

Case closed.

Dinner show credits are taken as soon as you get the show tickets, not the date/time of the event. You have to "pay" to get the tickets. Same thing happened to me in March -- I came up 6 DxDP credits short after our first meal, because there were 3 of us going to HDDR, which I had gotten ticketed earlier in the day.

Dinner show credits are taken as soon as you get the show tickets, not the date/time of the event. You have to "pay" to get the tickets. Same thing happened to me in March -- I came up 6 DxDP credits short after our first meal, because there were 3 of us going to HDDR, which I had gotten ticketed earlier in the day.

Would have been nice if the concierge giving me the tickets had mentioned that! Or better yet, handed me a receipt showing the use of those entitlements, like the other restaurants do. What's up with that?:sad2:

It makes so much sense that they would charge the credits as soon as the tickets are issues. I never would have thought of it though if you hadn't mentioned it. Thank you for sharing. I would have thought the same thing about missing credits and spent a bunch of time trying to get it sorted out if you hadn't have shared so thank you!

Ok, can someone please clarify... We are a party of 3 but I made our reservation for a party of 7 (the other 4 are on the dining plan also/different room).
Do I have to pick up tickets prior to the show and where do I do this?
Both parties will have to go so they charge each card correctly (party of 3/party of 4)?

Ok, can someone please clarify... We are a party of 3 but I made our reservation for a party of 7 (the other 4 are on the dining plan also/different room).
Do I have to pick up tickets prior to the show and where do I do this?
Both parties will have to go so they charge each card correctly (party of 3/party of 4)?

Yes. You have to pick up your tickets at your resort's concierge desk (usually near your resort checkin desk). They should have told you this when your made the ressie.

I am not sure if both parties HAVE to go, but I would assume it would be safer to have a person from each room go. (If they have the room number, then I bet they could charge the DDP without the person present...)

Thanks. I looked it up on the online dining also.
Yes, both of us will go to get the tickets, no problem. We can take care of that the day we check in.

Brygida "It would have been nice if someone would have let me know"

That would have been nice if they had told you, and saved you the hassle.
glad you got it sorted out. Your post will save a lot of wasted time for others. Thanks:thumbsup2

Thanks, this is the first I have heard about the DP credits being taken for HDDR.

I will be there in about a month and I would have been wondering what happened to the credits also.

I know you saved me time and worry!

Another thanks for the heads up. I am not sure if we will pick up our HDDR tickets when we check in or on the day of the show, but at least I will know what's going on if the credits are missing when I pick up my tickets. BTW, did you enjoy the show?

For the most part, I did. Our enjoyment was hampered by the fact that DS2 (autistic), got really bothered by the noise. The show's humor is corny and obviously, but hilarious nonetheless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter