Cars Land coming to DHS

luke

Señor Mejor
So they're bringing the successful Cars Land from California Adventure to Hollywood Studios!

Can't wait as it is meant to be great as there's little chance of me personally getting to Disneyland :)

It's great something new is coming to DHS, I've never seen the Cars movies but I've heard good things about Cars land in California.

Great news Didn't really care for LMA attraction. And since it's similar to TT that really gets me excited :dance3:

This is great news and we won't get to DL I wouldn't have thought either.
The rides look really good!

hopefully they can iron out the problems with Radiator Springs Racers, it was broken down fairly often when we were at DL last month.

I have mixed views on this news.
Since Anaheim is not on our future plans this the easiest way for us to see Carsland.
However I am not a fan of the standardisation of all the parks . Keeping elements that are unique to each for me keeps each of the parks with an individual identity.

Not great news in my opinion, the constant cloning is bad enough anyway, but according to a recent micechat article Orlando executives have been irritating Imagineering with requests to downsize and slash budgets for the project, whilst Tokyo want to create as immersive experience as California. We'll see how this turns out, but Orlando's recent record doesn't fill me with much excitement.

Mixed feelings - its good that they are investing in the studios and hopefully this will be as good as the DL one looks, but having a ride that is very much the same as Test track isnt that great imo. Hopefully they will create a new ride in replacement that is just as good.

Mixed feelings - its good that they are investing in the studios and hopefully this will be as good as the DL one looks, but having a ride that is very much the same as Test track isnt that great imo. Hopefully they will create a new ride in replacement that is just as good.

Pirates and Small World are the same (slow boat ride) but you wouldn't say the same about them. Besides TT is very popular and another "similar" attraction at DHS can only do it good.

Pirates and Small World are the same (slow boat ride) but you wouldn't say the same about them. Besides TT is very popular and another "similar" attraction at DHS can only do it good.

Right

and dumbo vs triceratop spin vs magic carpets ... same ride, different theme.

and Under the sea vs phantom manor vs the sea with nemo ... same ride, different theme.

Radiator Springs Racers and TT are quite closely related, but should Cars fan be denied the opportunity to ride RSR just because there is a similar ride in the park next door ?

Cars coming to DHS is a good thing, and it's designed as an expansion for pixar place. It's only logical to include Cars at this location ... there is already the meet and greet spot there.

I am in the 'bring it on' camp. :)
I really hope they do an official announcement soon. Never been a fan of LMA attraction so not too bothered about losing that. Love the CARS movies so yes bring in those bulldozers and start building:cool1:

I hope they don't level LMA and the Backlot Tour before we go in may, I was looking forward to them, it's bad enough that Festival of the Lion King most likely won't be there

Sounds like good news to me. Everything I've read about Carsland has been positive. Lights, Motors, Action was ok, but it didn't have much repeat appeal.

I guess it makes sense to have the same area in WDW as well as DL. It must cost an absolute fortune to develope new rides. This way they build already proven technology in another park. I'm not saying it will be cheap, but all the imagineering work has been done.

Kev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter