Carry-on Bags

We Love Tinkerbell

Mouseketeer
I just spoke with Disney Cruise Line and they stated that only carry-on bags smaller than 9x14x22 are allowed. On past cruises, we carried on all our luggage because we boarded after the staterooms were open. Now it seems that they no longer allow that. Can anyone provide any information regarding this policy? Also, if you cannot carry-on your luggage, how quickly is it delivered to your stateroom? We have the early seating and have heard stories of people not receiving their luggage until after dinner.

Thanks for the help:stitch: :goofy: :mickeybar

I can only tell you my experience. My first 4-day cruise, we arrived at the port around 1:30 (via DCL transfer) and I believe my luggage arrived shortly after the sailaway party. My second 4-day cruise, we arrived at the port around 1PM (via car) and again, my luggage arrived shortly after the sailaway party. My last cruise (a 7-day), we arrived at the port around 11:20 (via car), and my luggage arrived just before the drill.

So in 3 DCL cruises (Wonder and Magic); I had my luggage in time or just around the time of early seating (or in my case, since I did late seating, in time for the show).

They do scan your carryon items at the TSA checkpoint so it may be that the size restriction is from that. Not sure how they would scan larger items entering the port.

We have not had any problems getting our luggage. We get to our room right when it opens and at least on a couple of occasions our stateroom host has seen us and has actively sought out our luggage to get it to us quickly.

I don't believe we have ever not had all of our luggage prior to the safety drill.

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter