• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carriage ride questions

CygnusX-1

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a romantic evening for my DGF and me, and booked a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness at 6PM. And have reservations at Arthur's 27 at 8PM. The CM told me, when I booked the carriage ride, that we'd have to take a 20 min bus ride to the back of FW, to get to the carriages. This is for a wednesday, too. So here are my questions:

Will we have enough time to get over to Arthur's 27 from FW?

Is the extra time taking the bus worth it for FW over POR?

Would it be better to get a carriage ride at POR and skip the shuttling around?

Which carriage ride is more romantic?

Other thoughts?

Thank you all for your help on this. I've been reading these boards for a few years now(even though I don't post much) and have learned enormous amounts of info from you all.

19 days to go :bounce: :thewave: :Pinkbounc

I can help with a few answers!!! I don't know what time of year you are going, but it might not be dark at 6pm and that adds alot of ambience. What about going to dinner first, then doing the carriage ride? I think if you do the 9:30p one you might be able to catch the Electric Water Parade from the beach @ FW.

As far as getting there goes...last year we took the boat launch from MK (or the Contemporary) and it brought us right to Crocketts Tavern where the ride originated from.

I can't compare it to the one at POR. But the ride at FW was very quiet, dark and romantice with only the squeak of the carriage and the clip-clop of hooves. It goes through FW on a closed rode so it's just you, the horse and the driver.

Hope this helps!!! :teeth:

I found the POR ride to be very very romantic, there was a full moon that night and it was my 35th anniversary but it was very very nice. along the river, over the bridge etc. really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter