Carousel or HOJO?

Carousel is my absolute favorite in that area. However HoJo is nice too.

One thing Carousel has over HoJo is that it does have a breakfast, not much but toast, oatmeal, danish, fruit, enough to get you started in the morning. It is also closer to the front gate. Only by a few minutes, but that makes a difference at the end of the day.

The HoJo has a better pool, 2 actually, plus a kiddie area with sprinklers.
I also think the rooms are a little bigger.

For me when choosing between these 2 it would just come down to price.

Thanks! There is only a $5.15 difference in price...that's why I need help deciding. Clean, safe, and easy with kiddos...those are my priorities....

Help me decide!

Thanks!

When are you going? Have you checked directly with HoJo for the Entertainment card rate? If it's available, I'm pretty sure it would make the price significantly lower, which might help you decide. The rate for our pre-Thanksgiving trip was $54 for standard room or $69 for Premium, Disney view room (which we'll be in to watch fireworks from our balcony). It's so nice to get back at the hotel with the kids and get everyone bathed and ready for bed, and then sit out on the balcony covered up with a blanket and watch the fireworks. It's close enough that you even hear bits of the music!

We've stayed at HoJo many times and will be back there soon, so I can give it a thumbs up, but can't comment on the Carousel at all.

Are you taking a stroller for both kids? Hojos walk really seems far at the end of the night but the rooms are nice sized and you can get a park view with a balcony in building 1 and watch the fireworks from your room if your kids fall asleep early. If you have a stroller you are fine and I would choose it for the nicer pool.

One of my kids got sick when we were staying at HoJos and I was so glad to have the nicer pool for the rest of the family to play in while sick kid recovered. Also, the HoJo took such good care of us bringing sheets, etc. in the middle of the night. If you spend a lot of time in the room, at least it is nice! We even added on another night since we missed a whole day at DL and wanted to use all of our parkhopper days.

If you are going to rent a DL stroller and have to carry the toddlers back to the hotel, pick the other one!

Thanks for the advice! I don't know about the Entertainment card rate...how do you get that? We're going in early November.

We will take a stroller...certainly. I like these babies strapped in in a busy place.

When we stay offsite it's at HoJos or CCI. We've stayed at all the other motels in the area and prefer HoJos - the kids love the pool.

There are "Entertainment Books" that have coupons in them for dining, shopping, travel including hotels. Hojo will honor the coupon if you call the hotel directly to make the reservations, you can not book the entertainment rate on the web. You can use any entertainment book, it does not have to be just the one from Orange County.

http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml "Limited Supply of '06 Books Still Available - Only 12.99 Plus Shipping!" I would call and see if you can make the reservation and get the rate and then then order the 06 book since you are going in Nov!

fidoprincess said:
http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml "Limited Supply of '06 Books Still Available - Only 12.99 Plus Shipping!" I would call and see if you can make the reservation and get the rate and then then order the 06 book since you are going in Nov!

If you order the 2006 book, the Entertainment card expires Nov. 1, 2006, so if you're trip is later than that you need to order the 2007 book.

Good thing you posted mareed! I didn't know that it expired but we never do the entertainment books. We probably should but in our tiny town, there just isn't anything in them. I guess if you get the hojo ent rate, the book pays for itself in just one trip!

Yes, we just cancelled our October ressie (9 days yeah!!!) for Carousel and switched to the Hojo because we got the $54 Ent. rate instead of $80 at the Carousel. With taxes it was about $30 a night difference, so almost $100 bucks for our stay to walk a little further!

We also have 3 little ones and it's not so bad as long as you have a stroller. I do usually prefer closer but for that price, you cannot beat it! Also I can take the walk in the cooler months, but I hate it in the summer.

Have a great trip, but I would try for that rate and make your decision a lot simpler!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter