Carousel Inn............

Haven't stayed there but lots of people on here have and it gets pretty good reviews always!! I know PattiPB recently stayed there!

Welcome to the DL boards by the way!!

Andrea

I stayed there in December right before Christmas. The rooms are a very clean and the staff was also very courteous. It is right across the street from Disneyland, so a very quick walk. Breakfast was o.k., it was free though! But go early in the morning, because that place was PACKED! They did keep it well stocked though. Check out tripadvisor.com and type in Carousel inn and suites in the search and pics and reviews should show up for you.

Hope that helps some!

I stayed there in December right before Christmas. The rooms are a very clean and the staff was also very courteous. It is right across the street from Disneyland, so a very quick walk. Breakfast was o.k., it was free though! But go early in the morning, because that place was PACKED! They did keep it well stocked though. Check out tripadvisor.com and type in Carousel inn and suites in the search and pics and reviews should show up for you.

Hope that helps some!

I just checked they are sold out April and when I checked may 1st, it still said sold out.

We stayed there Sept 2005. Great location and nice rooms. We were at the parks so much that we only really were in the room for sleep. There is a pool on the roof and the breakfast room looks out at the park. Nice way to start the day. Plus the walk is so short.

Carousel Inn view from the DL side of walkway. Carousel Inn is in the middle, with angled windows

DSCF0192.jpg

My DD and I stayed there a few years ago, and it was a nice place. The only drawback is they do NOT have a hot tub. I was disappointed I couldn't soak my feet at night!

The breakfast is nothing to write home about, but it's something and it's free. I thought the rooms were nice for the price and the location is GREAT!

Here are some more pics:

carouselinn05.jpg

Dining area where you have complimentary continental breakfast:

carouselinn06.jpg

The view from dining area

IMG_1251.jpg

View of pedestrian walkway with California Adventure in background

carouselinn08.jpg

Room

carouselinn02room.jpg

Rooftop pool

carouselinn12.jpg

Stayed there last month, and would return in a heartbeat given the chance! Search for my thread about it if you get the chance. It was well located, clean, and the staff was very nice.

Breakfast was limited, but got us going in the morning. Good AAA rate for March---check on the AAA site.

Yep, we liked it too. It is usually our hotel of choice when we stay at DL. It's always been very clean and comfortable. I just want a clean safe place to rest my head at night when I go to DL. This provides that everytime and we've never had a problem in the 10 or so visits we've stayed there.

I haven't stayed there yet, but thanks to you folks, we'll be there June 7th!

I did a ton of research in planning our trip, and this forum really helped a lot!

Now to digest the rest of what's here ... :cool1:

I've stayed at the Carousel Inn twice and it's okay...not the best motel I've stayed in on Harbor, though.

The only small thing I recommend is to bring your own soaps and toiletries if you stay there. When my husband and I stayed there three weeks ago for one night, there was only one small soap to use for the sink to wash our hands and nothing for the bath/shower. They also only provided only one small shampoo. We called housekeeping and asked them to send up a couple more soaps up, but they never showed up.

It's usually no big deal since I usually bring my own personal toiletries except for the soap (save space in packing), but we were used to the Howard Johnson's where we would get at least two soaps (one for the sink and one for the bath) as well as other things like shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, sewing kit and shower cap. I was a bit surprised by the lack of toiletries that Carousel provided considering that the pricing was similar to the HoJo. The one thing that Carousel has going for it is its proximity to the DLR.

Oh yeah...parking at the Carousel is also at a premium during high season, so if you happen to get a parking space there, try to keep your vehicle parked. The overflow parking lot is the McDonald's (they'll give you a parking pass to put on your dashboard if you end up having to park there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter