Carosels

thelittlemermaid83

<font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome
Hope I have spelt it corretly...

Do they have one of these at DLP and if so where is it located? Hoping to tak me DD on one when we go in Jan.

Le Carrousel de Lancelot is right next to the Castle on the other side to the Main St entrance.

Do they have the ride in carriage things as the little fella is unlikely to balance on a horse?

Le Carrousel de Lancelot

That name puts Carosel to shame, it sounds dead fancy.
I shall be sitting in the horse with DD perched on it with me, Cant let all the kids have all the fun lol.

DLRP has a most beautiful carousel, as Steve says it's called Le Carrousel de Lancelot and thanks to Jackie's quiz this month I have discovered that the organ playing music on the ride is named "Big Nelly".

Unlike other carousels this one doesn't just have one lead horse, the whole outer row is the larger, fancier armoured horses, the middle row is slightly smaller and the internal row smaller again, but if your DS is too small to ride the horses the carriages are wonderful, we rode in one on our first visit when DS was a little wary of the horses.
Queen's chariot
RedHorseAndChariot.jpg

Neptune's Chariot
NeptuneChariot.jpg

One of the many lead horses
GoldPlume.jpg

Pictures courtesy of the "National Carousel Association"

WOW Jill thanks for the pics it looks magnificent. I cant wait to go on it now.

Its looks so cool, DS? (I am guessing Disney Son) will love it.

Its a very sedate carousel as well - perfect for little ones.

Elaine

The Carousel this lovely, definately a soothing ride when you have been walking around all day. My DS (3) loves it.

Lisa

My daughter loved this and fawned over the white horses in the outer ring - she was sooo happy when she got to go on her 'favourite' (as we were at the front of the queue so she got her pick that time).

We went on it 5 times as DD kept wanting to go back

:) Sadie

Its a very sedate carousel as well - perfect for little ones.

Elaine

I agree, although DS decided he wanted to climb up on the tall horses on the outside, while DD did the same and I couldn't be in 2 places at once. The result was he took a tumble :sad1:

I think DS will want to be riding on one of the horses and from the first pic it looks like he could sit in front of me. Do they allow you to do this? I seem to remember people doing this at WDW

That will be no problem at all - theres lots of room on the outer 2-ring horses for an adult and child to ride at the same time.

And lots of parents do that.

Elaine

I agree, although DS decided he wanted to climb up on the tall horses on the outside, while DD did the same and I couldn't be in 2 places at once. The result was he took a tumble :sad1:

Ouch :headache:
It's quite a way down from those large horses, hope he wasn't badly hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter