CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I am at the airport now and our flight has been "revised" for the fourth time today. They are going to send a plane from Toronto to Montreal to bring us to FLL tonight. We have to cancel all plans we had for today in Fort Lauderdale but at least we should get there on time for our cruise tomorrow.

If our cruise had been departing today, we would have missed it! Never will I ever book a flight the same day we are cruising!

I've done it in the past and never had problems but it's a chance I'm never gonna take again.

Guys, I am at the airport now and our flight has been "revised" for the fourth time today. They are going to send a plane from Toronto to Montreal to bring us to FLL tonight. We have to cancel all plans we had for today in Fort Lauderdale but at least we should get there on time for our cruise tomorrow.

If our cruise had been departing today, we would have missed it! Never will I ever book a flight the same day we are cruising!

I've done it in the past and never had problems but it's a chance I'm never gonna take again.
Enjoy the Vista! We just got off the Disney Magic and I have to say, the cruise and DCL crew was fantastic, we had an awesome time. I don't know when our next Carnival cruise is for sure. We're booked on the Horizon for June 2018 but may have to cancel it, we'll see!! You're going to love the Vista.

You will have a blast. Make sure you go to
1. Pig and anchor
2. Java cafe
3. Guys (duh!)
4. Anything with Matt
5. Movies at night by the pool with popcorn
6. Trivia
7. Comedy shows
8. That deck area above the pizza place (not sure what it is called!)
9. Shopping sales

4. Won't be possible because Matt is on vacation but I heard great reviews about Steven Schwartz! :)

But 1-2-3-5-6-7-8-9 are all part of the plan. :D

4. Won't be possible because Matt is on vacation but I heard great reviews about Steven Schwartz! :)

But 1-2-3-5-6-7-8-9 are all part of the plan. :D
Be sure to sit on the orange chairs on deck 11 over the Lido pool, we spent many afternoons in those and watched quite a few movies at night there. Love them!!!!!!

Hi guys,

I'll be back home this afternoon from our cruise (currently messaging you while watching the ocean from our Miami Beach hotel balcony).

I will be back this week for a review comparison with the Disney Dream (which seem to be appropriate since we are talking about two mega-ships).

Spoiler alert: Carnival Vista wins.

I litteraly cried as I was leaving the ship. Let's just say that the only reason we did not book a last minute back to back (to Aruba etc) right away to continue our voyage is because we have to go back to work tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'll be back home this afternoon from our cruise (currently messaging you while watching the ocean from our Miami Beach hotel balcony).

I will be back this week for a review comparison with the Dream (which seem to be appropriate since we are talking about two mega-ships).

I litteraly cried as I was leaving the ship. Let's just say that the only reason we did not book a last minute back to back (to Aruba etc) right away to continue our voyage is because we have to go back to work tomorrow.
Yeah, I kind of knew that was going to be the case. The 8 night is so totally relaxing!

Hi guys,

I will be back this week for a review comparison with the Dream (which seem to be appropriate since we are talking about two mega-ships).

The Dream typically sails out of New Orleans though so the itineraries would be different. That may not be a fair comparison.

The Dream typically sails out of New Orleans though so the itineraries would be different. That may not be a fair comparison.

She meant the Disney Dream. Which is a shorter cruise than what she went on. So it still really isn’t a fair comparison.

She meant the Disney Dream. Which is a shorter cruise than what she went on. So it still really isn’t a fair comparison.

Carnival Vista vs Disney Dream? Not sure about that, I would think she means Carnival Dream. I've not been on Disney Dream nor Carnival Vista, but I have been on a Carnival ship and 2 Disney ships and would not think a Carnival one would compare better. In fact, Cruise Critic and some other publication I can't recall off hand, rate Disney Dream at the top of best ship lists. There wasn't even another Carnival ship in the top ten. That's why I think she surely must mean Carnival Dream.

I think it's the Carnival Dream- it sails from New Orleans. Disney does not depart from New Orleans.

I think it's the Carnival Dream- it sails from New Orleans. Disney does not depart from New Orleans.

When has she ever said she cruised from New Orleans? 99% sure she's been on the Disney Dream. I think she's only been on one other Carnival, and pretty sure it wasn't the Carnival Dream.

When has she ever said she cruised from New Orleans? 99% sure she's been on the Disney Dream. I think she's only been on one other Carnival, and pretty sure it wasn't the Carnival Dream.

I was only basing that on Neptune's response about the "Dream" sailing from New Orleans. The only Dream that sails from N.O. is Carnival.
Sorry for confusion.

I was only basing that on Neptune's response about the "Dream" sailing from New Orleans. The only Dream that sails from N.O. is Carnival.
Sorry for confusion.

Gotcha. Yeah...I'm pretty sure she hasn't sailed out of New Orleans. Maybe since this is self-named the "ultimate" he thought she only compared Carnival ships?

Well I'm not entirely sure what this is other than a place to comment on Carnival? I just know I see it show up here about as often as the Photo of the Day thread. But seriously, comparing the Carnival Dream and Carnival Vista would seem to make more sense as they are both Italian built ships, two of the larger Carnival ships, etc. The Dream is German built, does short cruises, and the Disney and Carnival atmospheres are two totally different things. So that would be comparing apples to oranges. I guess we'll eventually see. What time will it be revealed?

Carnival Vista vs Disney Dream? Not sure about that, I would think she means Carnival Dream. I've not been on Disney Dream nor Carnival Vista, but I have been on a Carnival ship and 2 Disney ships and would not think a Carnival one would compare better. In fact, Cruise Critic and some other publication I can't recall off hand, rate Disney Dream at the top of best ship lists. There wasn't even another Carnival ship in the top ten. That's why I think she surely must mean Carnival Dream.

I actually think the disney dream is a let down. The entire ship is too enclosed and the halways are too tight (especially around the kid's club), the adult area is unimpressive and the main pool deck area leaves a lot to be desired. Cabanas is too small and over crowded and the gym has bad views. Enchanted garden is blah and stale and the food at Animator's is unappetizing. A decidedly unimpressive ship. Except for the a/c issue on the Vista, the Dream pales in comparison. You can't believe everything you see in "best" lists. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter