CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching a cruise on Carnival. Even with all they sales offered over the past months the price never goes down. I've noticed this on other cruiselines too. I especially notice this withRoyal. They always have a sale going on, but if you watch a cruise for months the price is consistent. I'm not sure other cruise lines really have sales. They just make it appear that they do.

I think it really depends on the itinerary. If it is hugely popular and the cruise line knows that, there may not be any need to offer sales or promotions because the ship is almost full. We booked Cuba on RCCL for November 2018 months ago, and the price has never wavered and I was told this morning that they are almost sold out (no oceanviews are left at all and only a few inside and junior suites are left).

Talking about not selling out... A friend of mine who's a TA booked a fall cruise departing from NYC (Disney Magic) at a price that left me speechless and that I can't repeat in here.

High or low?

You will love Alaska. People were complaining the New England cruises didn't go to Quebec. They added Quebec, but it doesn't seem to be selling that well. it's still early. Im sure it's a time of year issue. New England cruises tend attract an older crowd.I would only do it with Disney. There probably won't be many kids on board, but hopefully there's a few.

She probably will. I have feeling getting to Quebec is another factor. Flights from the East coast cities were pretty expensive last time I liooked, but pretty reasonable from Arizona. Weird how that works.

We did a Quebec to NYC on HAL a few years ago and loved the ports and experience -- but it was a better itinerary with 10 nights and more days at sea and more ports.

We are back from our cruise on Carnival Sunshine. We liked it more than the Glory, but NOT the layout. More later, but great food and great ports.

Announcement on Carnival.com...

The Carnival Fascination will bring help to San Juan... All cruises from October 15, 2017 to January 28, 2018 have been cancelled and the ship will be used to help during that time.

Not sure what the compensation will be but my guess is the guest from the October 15 cruise will have something good in exchange.

The Carnival Fascination will bring help to San Juan... All cruises from October 15, 2017 to January 28, 2018 have been cancelled and the ship will be used to help during that time.

Not sure what the compensation will be but my guess is the guest from the October 15 cruise will have something good in exchange.

Just to clarify, all cruises on the Fascination.

No mention of any effect on their other ships.

Just to clarify, all cruises on the Fascination.

No mention of any effect on their other ships.

With all due respect, I don't think my message needs any clarification:

I thought it was pretty clear the first time.

I meant nothing negative by it. I never said she was wrong or it was in correct. Clarification doesn't mean there's something wrong. (And if it's a direct quote from Carnival's page, I would tell them the same thing. They should clarify it JUST to prevent more people from freaking out.

I simply know some people who would see the space then the "All cruises" without clarification and freak out - people are already freaking out about their cruises and schedules.

Guys, I am leaving tomorrow (flying to FLL) and I am so excited. I can't wait to board the Vista on sunday.

Have an absolutely wonderful cruise! And don't forget to try the new Deli and MDR Breakfast menus - they look awesome! If you can't try them, maybe some pictures?

Guys, I am leaving tomorrow (flying to FLL) and I am so excited. I can't wait to board the Vista on sunday.

You will have a blast. Make sure you go to
1. Pig and anchor
2. Java cafe
3. Guys (duh!)
4. Anything with Matt
5. Movies at night by the pool with popcorn
6. Trivia
7. Comedy shows
8. That deck area above the pizza place (not sure what it is called!)
9. Shopping sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter