Carnation, Plaza or Cafe Orleans???

tinkermell

<font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
Carnation, Plaza or Cafe Orleans?? This is what I have narrowed it down to at DL. Which would you pick for PS for dinner??? Have thought about BB also, but I will have two 13 year olds,(they love Captain Jack!), and not sure if it's worth the cost for food they might not like. Are they too old to pick from child's menu? I'm soo confused. :confused3 Need more help!! This will be our first time to have table service at DL. :goodvibes In the past, have always done CS, as we would bonsai the park in one day and then leave. :crazy: Thanks alot! :tinker:

I'm not entirely sure Carnation Plaza is open for dinner. I know they have lunch, but I think they close around 4pm. I could be wrong though. I prefer their breakfast menu over their lunch, so I'd go with Cafe Orleans for dinner.

In my opinion Blue Bayou is not worth it anymore. The prices have gotten so high, and I've heard bad reports about the service now.

I just ate at Cafe Orleans and it was awesome. I say go there!

Carnation is not good for lunch?? Really??? Bummer, I haven't been there (shocker) and we were going to try lunch there...

wendypooh22 said:
Carnation is not good for lunch?? Really??? Bummer, I haven't been there (shocker) and we were going to try lunch there...

no no no wendypooh its not that it isnt good its just plain like regular sandwiches and soup and stuff and there are so many other different places in the park for lunch/dinner fare and I just like CC for breakfast way better...sorry for the confusion :goodvibes

We enjoy Carnation Cafe for lunch. Plus they have really good ice cream sundaes! I don't think the sandwiches and soups and salads are run of the mill. It's a nice place to eat if it's a nice day and you get a table near the street. You can really enjoy watching the people go by.

Whew... Thanks for the update.... It's amazing. I have been going to DL my whole life and I have never been there... I am looking forward to trying it out for lunch... :Pinkbounc

Another vote for Cafe Orleans. I really enjoyed the two meals I have had there this year. I agree that BB is overpriced now. Good luck deciding :)

Just came back to add that there are pictures from Cafe Orleans in the Dinning Reviews with Pictures thread that is a sticky on top of the board.

And I agree with disneegrl, lunch is not bad, I'd just rather eat somewhere else.

Where is Carnation and whats soo good about it for breakfast??? Is the Plaza another name for Carnation?? I thought the OP was asking about 3 restaurants???
Tinkermel ~ I never heard the expression "bonsai the park" too funny. Is it a Calif expression?? Or am I just really uncool (too much NickJr too little MTV)

TwingleMum said:
Where is Carnation and whats soo good about it for breakfast??? Is the Plaza another name for Carnation?? I thought the OP was asking about 3 restaurants???
Tinkermel ~ I never heard the expression "bonsai the park" too funny. Is it a Calif expression?? Or am I just really uncool (too much NickJr too little MTV)
Carnation is in the middle of Main St. on the left side. It's an outdoor cafe style restaurant.

TwingleMum said:

A bonsai is a tree kept miniature through pruning, I think the word she was looking for was "banzai", which means to attack. I might just be really uncool. (too much cooking network). :rotfl:

Is there anything on the Cafe Orleans menu besides crepes and monte cristo? I really want to eat here but I'm not sure if DS and DD would find anything they'd like. I wasn't able to find a childrens menu online, anyone know what's offered?

We just ate at the Cafe Orleans last week and we enjoyed it. I think your kids would like this location because if you sit on the outside patio captain jack walks right by and schmoozes with all the people sitting on the patio, he even stopped and talked a bit plus had pics taken with the people sitting along the railing, then all his buddies follow behind him goofing around then jack sparrow walks over to the right a bit to sign autographs and all his buddies put on a show, singing and playing a little flute on a raised stage that is visible from the restaurant then jack comes back and joins them at the end.

There was a kids menu but it didn't look that interesting or generous enough for a 13 yr old, I saw kids about 7 or 8 getting chicken wings with those weird spaghetti like noodles that are almost clear like celophane (sp) they did not look appetizing and I noticed they did not get eaten. Your kids might like the pomme fritz, we had some (and I noticed practically everybody ordered them for either an appetizor or as a main course) they were just french fries tossed in garlic salt and parmesan served with a dipping sauce that was a little bit spicy, they were really good, and we all said that we wished that we had just ordered ourselves an order for each of us because they were way better than the monte cristo's that we all ordered. We also ordered the chocolate rasberry crepe to share for desert and it really wasn't that great, but those fries were worth going back for LOL.

I have pics of the meals and captain jack schmoozing but I have to go out for a few hours, I will try and post them later for you.

Albianne

Consider this another vote for Cafe Orleans. I've always enjoyed eating there.

Plaza only takes PS for Breakfast with Minnie. The rest of the day it is walk up service. The fried chicken meal, at lunch and dinner, is very good and HUGE!

Carnation is not open for dinner most days. I highly recomend breakfast there.

So, that leaves you with Cafe NO if you want a dinner PS. You could always make the PS, and then eat at the plaza if you change your mind/ time doesnt work out/ etc.

My kids had mac-n-cheese at Cafe Orleans. It was pretty good, they both ate the heck out of their fruit too.

TwingleMum said:
OK, now I'm kind of embarrassed, :blush: because I don't know why or how we use that term of "bonzai" for being in a hurry. Maybe because when you bonsai on a shrub you cut it "short and little"????? I had to laugh because I'm not sure how to respond. Is it a California word???? I don't know. Never even gave it a second thought. All I know is that when we are in a hurry we say it. How funny is that? Now I'm beginning to think we are "uncool" for saying it!!! My daughter Becky probably made it up. Her fiance is always kidding her on her words she uses. She puts them together to make up sayings. He calls it "The Becktionary". :rolleyes1 Anyways, now I am curious if anybody else uses it. :confused3
Now on to second subject. Yes I was referring to 3 different restaurants. The Carnation Cafe, the Plaza Inn and Cafe Orleans. I guess I abbreviated too much. So far the winner seems to be Cafe Orleans. Thanks for all of your responses...even the ones where it makes me ponder my sanity. :lmao:

tinkermell said:
OK, now I'm kind of embarrassed, :blush: because I don't know why or how we use that term of "bonzai" for being in a hurry. Maybe because when you bonsai on a shrub you cut it "short and little"????? I had to laugh because I'm not sure how to respond. Is it a California word???? I don't know. Never even gave it a second thought. All I know is that when we are in a hurry we say it. How funny is that? Now I'm beginning to think we are "uncool" for saying it!!! My daughter Becky probably made it up. Her fiance is always kidding her on her words she uses. She puts them together to make up sayings. He calls it "The Becktionary". :rolleyes1 Anyways, now I am curious if anybody else uses it. :confused3
. :lmao:

I think a lot of families use little phrases and words that might or might not be real words, and might or might not be used in the correct way. We do that all the time! I think it's cool. Every family should have a "Becktionary!" :rotfl:

After reading this thread, I think I'm going to make a PS at Cafe Orleans. If the kids can't find anything to eat on the menu they can just have the Pomes Frittes (sp?). I hope Jack Sparrow and Co. are there, that would be worth the price of lunch!

For what it's worth, ds 13 loves the monte cristo at Cafe Orleans, and so do we! The garlic fries were great also. The Plaza Inn is OK, as is Carnation Cafe but our vote goes to Cafe Orleans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter