Carnation Cafe to Re-Open June 13th

Andy Castro posted 14 photos of the Carnation Cafe:
http://micechat.com/5753-voices-of-liberty-debut-and-the-carnation-cafe-returns-to-disneyland/

Here are four of the 14 photos: :thumbsup2

A new awning gives extra shade for the outdoor seating
06-13-12-IMG_5977.jpg

The new indoor dining room:
06-13-12-IMG_6078.jpg

A look at the new lunch and dinner menu:
06-13-12-IMG_6017.jpg

Chef Oscar is back at home at the Carnation Cafe
06-13-12-IMG_6024.jpg

Photos and comments by Andy Castro:
http://micechat.com/5753-voices-of-liberty-debut-and-the-carnation-cafe-returns-to-disneyland/

:earsboy:

OhEmGee they have fried pickles!! I'm so making a reservation for CC next month! LOL :) I like the new menu, it looks delish!!

Ive been going to DL for a LONG time and never eaten breakfast in the park. So on our last visit, we decided to try Carnation Cafe. I have to say that personally, I was a little disappointed. I felt that we got a MUCH better breakfast at MiMi's. It just doesn't make sense to me that they don't have Mickey shaped pancakes for the kiddos??:confused3

So I'm super excited to give them another try. I think we might do lunch or dinner this time though. And the fried pickles....I have GOT to try that!:thumbsup2

BTW- I got the recipe for the baked potato soup years ago from a fellow DISer and I've made several changes to the original recipe but I can say that it's super yummy! Its one of my boys favorites! I don't eat pork, so I can't have the one at the park but I can make DH order it!:laughing:

OhEmGee they have fried pickles!! I'm so making a reservation for CC next month! LOL :) I like the new menu, it looks delish!!

This was totally my reaction when I saw a pic on Twitter last night! I am so going just to have the pickles! :yay:

I'm loving how many of us are wanting to go just for the fried pickles......LOL :) Baked potato soup and fried pickles, sounds like a perfect meal to me! LOL

I don't think "edamame succotash" was one of Walt's favorites, LOL.

:rotfl2::lmao:

BTW- I got the recipe for the baked potato soup years ago from a fellow DISer and I've made several changes to the original recipe but I can say that it's super yummy! Its one of my boys favorites! I don't eat pork, so I can't have the one at the park but I can make DH order it!:laughing:

yep me too...i got mine from oscar way back when but i havent really tweaked it..just added more cheese:goodvibes

does anybody have the breakfast menu ???? im not happy about losing the benedict croissant:sad:

Is it correct to assume the kids menu has not changed? Or anyone have the new kids menu?

yep me too...i got mine from oscar way back when but i havent really tweaked it..just added more cheese:goodvibes

does anybody have the breakfast menu ???? im not happy about losing the benedict croissant:sad:

I switched the bacon to organic turkey bacon & use half the amount called for. I also only use 1/4 of the cream called for...IMO, it just doesn't need it. I just add extra chicken broth instead- YUM & much better for you! ;)

I'm curious about the breakfast menu too & of course the kids menu. Maybe they have it on allears?

Is it correct to assume the kids menu has not changed? Or anyone have the new kids menu?

I switched the bacon to organic turkey bacon & use half the amount called for. I also only use 1/4 of the cream called for...IMO, it just doesn't need it. I just add extra chicken broth instead- YUM & much better for you! ;)

I'm curious about the breakfast menu too & of course the kids menu. Maybe they have it on allears?

The updated breakfast menu is on the Disneyland website. Here's the link: http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/parks/dining/menus/CarnationCafeBreakfast_0612.pdf

The kids breakfast and lunch/dinner menus are also on the Disneyland website, but the food and prices are the same as the old AllEars menu.

I did notice when comparing the AllEars menu to the new lunch/dinner menu that the loaded baked potato soup can now only be purchased as a cup. That's too bad. I will have to try to convince my boyfriend to share the turkey sandwich or the cheeseburger and get a cup of soup because I can't finish all of that food by myself.

Count me in as another who will most likely only get pickles & soup whilst there...pot pies & meatloaf stack (two of my all-time favorite meals in the Park) are no longer on the menu, and fancy meatloaf with edamame succotash just does not appeal to me at all :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter