• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribe Royal 2BR villa

lynn_s

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

Thanks to Mary at Mousesavers for introducing us to the Caribe Royal. We stayed in a 2BR villa the second week of our vacation (12/25/2010-1/1/2011) and really liked it.

Lots of room, full kitchen, 2 full BA's, jacuzzi tub in the MBR, comfy beds. Very clean. It was me, DH, 2 adult DD's, and DS (8). King in the MBR, 2 Queens in the 2'nd BR. (The couch also pulls out, but we didn't use it). Lots of extra blankets and pillows in the closets.

The fastest check in I've ever seen - no line, front desk clerk swiped our card, handed us the keys, and off we went. Our DD's were checking in later, since they were listed on the ressie no problem getting them keys.

We had a car, I would not stay in the villas without one (its the furthest point from the main building).

That week was too cold for the pool; there is a pool by the villas, the main one would be quite a walk. It looked very pretty though!

The only problem we had was our hotel keys kept giving us problems getting through the security gate. We had the same problem at Disney the previous week. Apparently it was not just us, as a couple times when we arrived there was a car in from of use also having issues. But that was minor.

Easy drive into WDW resorts, not to bad to Universal also - but take the "back way", not I-4 if its rush hour time of day.

"Back way" to Universal: Out of the hotel, turn LEFT onto World drive, make the next left onto International Drive. Another left onto Westwood Blvd. Then left onto Central Florida parkway. You will cross under I-4, and make a right onto Turkey Lake road; note, if you were to turn left here the road would be named palm parkway. Follow signs to Universal parking - this will bring you in the back side of Universal.

There are discount rates listed on Mousesavers - seems to be close to AAA rates. Go to the caribe royales website and they also have a weekly Wednesday 1 day sale - we got a deal on Christmas week on one of their sale days.

There were hairdryers and an ironing board, full size coffee pot (with coffee provided), toaster, microwave, as well as full fridge and stove, dishwasher. Small dish soap was provided. Paper towels also furnished. Stack W/D (very small), 1 soap pack provided. I brought purex sheets and didn't use what they had.

That's all I can think of, happy to answer questions.

Hi Lynn S, thanks for posting your review. I have a few questions for you...

1. Were the pools heated?
2. Was the pool for the villas a decent size and distance from the building?
3. How was the parking situation?
4. How was the internet connection - reliable/speed?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Hi Lynn S, thanks for posting your review. I have a few questions for you...

1. Were the pools heated?
2. Was the pool for the villas a decent size and distance from the building?
3. How was the parking situation?
4. How was the internet connection - reliable/speed?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

1) Pools are heated (saw steam a couple mornings) - can't say how warm, we never made it down.
2) Pool for the villas was right there, there are 4 buildings of villas, in roughly a half circle, pool is by the middle two, but would be very close to any of the villas. The villa buildings are not very large - 5 or 6 floors, I think 6 units per floor? possibly 8 per floor.

3) Plenty of parking right by the villa. Super close to the elevator.
4) Did not use their internet, I have a verizon MiFi I took with me. I do recall seeing instructions for plugging into it though, but didn't pay attention to the details.

Would you mind pm'ing me the approximate rate that you got? This is the hotel (2 bed/2 bath villa) that has been recommended to us for a 2 night stay prior to going to our Windor Hills Condo. However, the two night rate that I'm seeing on their website (even with the AAA discount..) is over half the amount we're paying for our whole week at our condo (with a private pool!). I know that there must be better rates out there... I just don't want to book it and find out later that I could have gotten a much better deal.

Thank you, and it's wonderful to read the comprehensive review!

Dee

PM sent,

Keep in mind, this is a hotel, with daily maid service, much more flexible cancellation policy (no deposit, can cancel 3 days before with no penalty) etc, so rates per day are much higher than the weekly condo/home rentals.

Glad to hear you liked it! We are staying there for 1 night in July, before our WH house opens up. It looks very nice. Our AAA agent put us in there, because we'll be going to Epcot the day after we arrive. I don't think my kids will care about anythign but the pool. well, maybe DD15 will like the whirlpool tub in the room...

hi, we are booked to stay here in sept, can anyone give us an idea of the prices in the restaurants, we liked the look of the breakfast buffet but cant find any prices, thanks susie

hi, we are booked to stay here in sept, can anyone give us an idea of the prices in the restaurants, we liked the look of the breakfast buffet but cant find any prices, thanks susie

You can view the menus with prices at the Caribe Royal website.

I have a question for anyone that has stayed at the caribe royal. We will be booking one of the regular double queen rooms. I haven't booked yet but will soon. I have been researching the various websites like hotwire and bookit.com to find rates. I keep seeing very good deals with bookit.com. However, I am wondering about extra fees the hotel might charge. Are there any resort, parking, or internet daily fees? And how is the parking at the main building? We will definitely be self-parking... Thanks

We will be saying at the Royal Caribe (1BR, 2 Quuen suite) for the first time also. I read on their website that there is valet parking and free self parking.
Internet is $10 a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter