Caribbean Beach Questions

beccaewert

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are not new to Disney....we've been alot over the years but always stay at Fort Wilderness,...we love it there. We are actually going to the Florida Keys for Christmas break with all of my family (siblings, nieces, grandparents, etc). So on our way back we were gonna stop by CBR for a couple of days...as a splurge... we never have stayed in an actual Disney hotel before.....SO

There will be 5 of us, so we booked a standard room.... the walking has made me a bit nervous because I don't want to waste the couple days we have....so which Villages are considered standard but really are close to preferred areas? Is there a certain village that you prefer over another? Also do you prefer 2nd level or floor level and why?

Also we will be there Jan 2nd-5th.... is it typically warm enough then to swim? I will have a 13 yr girl, 9 & 6 yr boys.....Thoughts? We all have AP's except 13 yr girl (We are in the middle of adopting her....so this is a surprise mini trip for Christmas....so I want to make it awesome. She's had a very hard life, grew up on the streets of Haiti till she was 11 yrs old)

Hello! We are not new to Disney....we've been alot over the years but always stay at Fort Wilderness,...we love it there. We are actually going to the Florida Keys for Christmas break with all of my family (siblings, nieces, grandparents, etc). So on our way back we were gonna stop by CBR for a couple of days...as a splurge... we never have stayed in an actual Disney hotel before.....SO

There will be 5 of us, so we booked a standard room.... the walking has made me a bit nervous because I don't want to waste the couple days we have....so which Villages are considered standard but really are close to preferred areas? Is there a certain village that you prefer over another?

You've made an excellent choice! CBR is our favorite moderate by far. Since having to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago, we haven't been able to stay anywhere else. Unless you have booked a Pirate Themed Room, the amount of walking needed at CBR is really blown out of proportion IMHO. 85% of the Standard Rooms are between a 3-7 minute stroll to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. The other 15% of the Standard rooms are between 7-8 minutes. Having said that, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are our favorite locations with Jamaica 45 leading slightly. Both are 3-4 minute stroll across the bridge and it's such a beautiful walk. The only reason we prefer Jamaica 45 is that the bright yellow exteriors of the Jamaica buildings just screams Caribbean to us.

Also do you prefer 2nd level or floor level and why?

We prefer 2nd floor as the views from the exterior hallways are better when you're up a floor. Well probably the main reason is that my wife thinks that being on the 2nd floor will lesson our chances of having critters sneak in the room while housekeeping is cleaning the room and has the door open.

Also we will be there Jan 2nd-5th.... is it typically warm enough then to swim? I will have a 13 yr girl, 9 & 6 yr boys.....Thoughts? We all have AP's except 13 yr girl (We are in the middle of adopting her....so this is a surprise mini trip for Christmas....so I want to make it awesome. She's had a very hard life, grew up on the streets of Haiti till she was 11 yrs old)

It depends on your tolerance to cold. We are from the Midwest and my son and I have been swimming at WDW when it's in the 40's. The average is around 70 for January but it can be anywhere from 30s to 90s. The pools are always heated to 82 degrees, but that air can be :scared1: when you get out when under 60 or so.

Make sure you come check out our very informative CBR FAQ Thread located here.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...on-questions-thread-now-open-updated.3461094/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter