Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

revdon64

DIS Veteran
We're looking at a three night stay in a moderate resort. We've stayed at POFQ before and loved it but wanted to try something new this time. We're debating between Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs.
Here's our vitals:
We're traveling in mid-March 2022
There are six of us in two rooms - 3 adults, 16y/o, 12y/o, and 9y/o.
We haven't been to WDW since January of 2018.
We're not doing whole days in the park, and want to focus pretty much on what we haven't experienced yet (HS - ROTR/SR/SDD, EP - RRA/FEA)
We've also been gifted a free VIP viewing experience for Fantasmic or (illuminations) HarmoniUS.

Personally, I think that CBR is the better choice because of the Skyliner, but we definitely like the look of CSR.
Thought? Advice?

CSR over CBR hands down! I stay there often and never get enough! It is beautiful, has great (and many) dining options, a terrific pool and wonderful CMs. Since they put the bridges over the lake...it's a 5 minute walk to anywhere on property.

I would probably go with the cheaper choice. We have REALLY bad skyliner juju, so I personally wouldn't make that a factor in my pros/cons. We either get stuck on it for long periods of time or it's down or there's a super long line that's not moving......... They are very similiar in room size, resort size, pool, restaurants (when you factor in RIV to CBR since they are so close)

We're looking at a three night stay in a moderate resort. We've stayed at POFQ before and loved it but wanted to try something new this time. We're debating between Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs.
Here's our vitals:
We're not doing whole days in the park, and want to focus pretty much on what we haven't experienced yet (HS - ROTR/SR/SDD, EP - RRA/FEA)
We've also been gifted a free VIP viewing experience for Fantasmic or (illuminations) HarmoniUS.

Personally, I think that CBR is the better choice because of the Skyliner, but we definitely like the look of CSR.
Thought? Advice?

CBR this time around for your skyliner experience. CSR Tower next time 😉

Here's our vitals:

Thought? Advice?

IMO Coronado 100%.
CBR is my least favorite moderate. In not sure much has changed bc I haven’t been back in a while (and probably won’t lol). But I hated the colors of the resort it felt so cheap plus having the full beds instead of queen sized was uncomfortable! I remember the food choices being pretty underwhelming as well. Coronado is beautiful! It’s my second favorite moderate behind POR. I do understand the draw of the skyliner though.

Here's our vitals:

Thought? Advice?
We have stayed at CBR and CSR several times.

The issue with the Skyliner is that it is very crowded for theme park opening, and shuts down when there is a thunderstorm. So being on the Skyliner is not the advantage you think it might be. Still, in the middle of the afternoon, lines are short and the Skyliner is great.

Before the Skyliner, CBR was the least expensive Moderate Resort. Now, it's the most expensive. So you are paying a lot for something that's not always as good as advertised.

CBR has a very fun main pool but I tend to think it's pirate theme is better for younger children. For a 16, 12, and 9 year-old, the CSR's more wide-open pool might be better.

In my experience, the CBR food court often feels hectic. It might be because CBR is the oldest Moderate Resort. Disney learned from this and their newer food courts were designed a bit better. (We really like the Port Orleans Riverside food court - lots of seating!)

CSR almost certainly will cost less. All things considered, it might be the way to go.

We're debating between Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs.
Here's our vitals:

Thought? Advice?

I vote CSR for the age of the kids and group makeup. If you are planning down time, pool time, resort time - the pool at CSR is more for your age group. Resort also has multiple places to dine, the most upscale of the moderates. Stunning resort! I have stayed at all the moderates and CSR is where we have stayed the most. Our favorite resort tied with AKL.

For what your doing I’d go CBR. I’d also enjoy walking over to Riviera and splurge on a Toppolinos breakfast. Im betting your kids will like the skyliner, and for a fun quick meal/outing you could also skyline over to AoA and check it out and eat in the food court

Definitely CSR, CBR is definitely my least favorite Moderate. I think your kids will enjoy the theming of CSR, especially the pool.

Just as an additional point of information: this is a comped trip from Disney for a bad experience we had in 2018, so we're not paying out of pocket for the rooms. Any moderate is in play really. We've stayed at POFQ twice and loved it but wanted to try a different moderate resort.

CSR seems "nicer," but I do love the Skyliner access at CBR, especially if you are spending shorter days in the parks.

I’ve done CBR twice when my kids were younger and it was great! For your age group I would go with CSR. We haven’t been yet but we booked it for next trip. DD will be 16 and with the pool area and eating options it made the most sense. I’m so excited to try it out. It’s a deluxe lite IMO.

Just as an additional point of information: this is a comped trip from Disney for a bad experience we had in 2018, so we're not paying out of pocket for the rooms. Any moderate is in play really. We've stayed at POFQ twice and loved it but wanted to try a different moderate resort.
You should consider Port Orleans Riverside. It's got nice theming, a cool pool, and one of the best food courts (with lots of seating). It's not much like POFQ, so it would be a different experience for you.

Did you decide? We just got back from CBR with a 16 year old and LOVED it. The Skyliner is amazing. Lots of pools in addition the main pool. We had breakfast at Topolinos which was a highlight of the trip. I timed our Skyliner route...from getting in Skyliner line at Hollywood Studios to standing IN our CBR room took 12 minutes! Skyliner was a huge perk to the trip. Rooms are a little tired but ours was fine and VERY clean! Now we are trying to decide between CSR and AKL for our next trip!

Did you decide? We just got back from CBR with a 16 year old and LOVED it. The Skyliner is amazing. Lots of pools in addition the main pool. We had breakfast at Topolinos which was a highlight of the trip. I timed our Skyliner route...from getting in Skyliner line at Hollywood Studios to standing IN our CBR room took 12 minutes! Skyliner was a huge perk to the trip. Rooms are a little tired but ours was fine and VERY clean! Now we are trying to decide between CSR and AKL for our next trip!
Decide might not be the best word. We didn't change our reservations for CSR. Found out that my adult daughter wasn't going to get on the skyliner at all, ever, not even if I paid her to do it. Figured it wasn't worth it to split us up going to the parks and back every day so... CSR it is. It's fine really, because DW and I have already said that this is likely our last Disney trip for a long while if we ever go back at all. The magic is gone and unless there are major changes in management, it ain't coming back and neither are we.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter