Career Start Fall 2009

MeganHS

Career Start Fall 2009 hopeful
Hey everyone! I just wanted to get a board together to see if there's anyone here that is considering/completely set on participating in the Fall 2009 Career Start Program.

I'm completely set on it. I'll be devistated if I don't get accepted. I'll screw up my whole year :scared:

Anyways. It will be nice to know people when we go down there and maybe some of us can room since we've already talked to each other.

Just post here!

I forgot to say:

I'm Megan (if you couldn't tell from my log in name)! I'm a senior at a high school in North Carolina. I've been planning on going to disney for over a year now. It's finally the new year and I can't be more excited to turn my application in whenever it gets time to do that. I've already gotten it ready, all but my short answer questions and my reference.

I want to go to college for Musical Theatre but I feel like I need to take a year off of college to get ready for auditions and get some more life experience and Disney is a great thing to have in your resume.

I forgot to say:

I'm Megan (if you couldn't tell from my log in name)! I'm a senior at a high school in North Carolina. I've been planning on going to disney for over a year now. It's finally the new year and I can't be more excited to turn my application in whenever it gets time to do that. I've already gotten it ready, all but my short answer questions and my reference.

I want to go to college for Musical Theatre but I feel like I need to take a year off of college to get ready for auditions and get some more life experience and Disney is a great thing to have in your resume.

I'm hoping to do the fall program too! I think we turn in our application in February so I've heard and whoa i live in nc too!I really want to get in too!:)

Hey guys! Im applying for the Fall Career start program also! :D I applied for the Spring 09 but I was too late, :( but it turned out for the better and now I get a chance to be there for christmas!

I had a question. I filled everything out on my application for the fall of '09(i printed one out earlier this school year) but I left the job history part blank. I never worked at an actual store or resturant because I do petsitting and babysitting and get paid very well. I currently have a steady babysitting job for a family near me. So I need help on what to put in the job area of the application thanks!

ps- Will I still get a chance to get in if I have never actually done a resturant type of job? I hope I can!:confused3 :confused:

I'm sure you can get a job even without formal work experience. They mentioned that on their web site I believe... I would try and figure out a way to include your job as a babysitter in your interview if they ask why you've had no job. Working with children is a great thing for Disney! Just mention it in your interview and you'll be fine. Make sure though that you get your application in on time! I'm so scared I'm going to get it in too late and I won't get it haha.

Hola. I'm Tyler, a Senior in high school. I live in Washington state, which is almost as far away as you can be from WDW (in the US) :). I also don't have any formal work experience due mainly to school. However, I'm super excited about applying for CS. I hope I get accepted. :scared:

I'm sure you can get a job even without formal work experience. They mentioned that on their web site I believe... I would try and figure out a way to include your job as a babysitter in your interview if they ask why you've had no job. Working with children is a great thing for Disney! Just mention it in your interview and you'll be fine. Make sure though that you get your application in on time! I'm so scared I'm going to get it in too late and I won't get it haha.

Ok thanks so much!:)

I'm thinking about applying for the fall 09 semester. I graduate in June this year, and I'm not really sure what I want to do yet, and since I like Disney, I thought this was perfect! Are you applying to the one in Florida?

I'm planning on applying for the Fall 2009 CS Program!
But, I think I wanna send my stuff in like ASAP because I heard they're taking less people this year because of the economy?
Whatever, but yeah. I wanna make friends!

I had a question. I filled everything out on my application for the fall of '09(i printed one out earlier this school year) but I left the job history part blank. I never worked at an actual store or resturant because I do petsitting and babysitting and get paid very well. I currently have a steady babysitting job for a family near me. So I need help on what to put in the job area of the application thanks!

ps- Will I still get a chance to get in if I have never actually done a resturant type of job? I hope I can!:confused3 :confused:

as far as what your job experience is. . .put like nanny or something. Babysitting is a real job. because people that do it seriously have families they are consistently working for. . .my sister had no formal job experience before graduating High School because she babysat for one family. . .and when she got to college never had problem getting a job

Make sure you put your babysitting experience, it shows that someone trust's you enough to take care of their children! I've been babysitting for almost 6 years and thats how I got my current job, being able to deal with kids.

I'm thinking about applying for the fall 09 semester. I graduate in June this year, and I'm not really sure what I want to do yet, and since I like Disney, I thought this was perfect! Are you applying to the one in Florida?
Yes I'm applying for the one in Florida. I just feel like it would be be the same thing if I went to California.

Just a quick question for those applying for the Career Start Program... do you guys know what you're going to do about health insurance? Will you be covered?

I would just like to know, because when I apply for my CP, my college does not offer credit.

Just a quick question for those applying for the Career Start Program... do you guys know what you're going to do about health insurance? Will you be covered?

I would just like to know, because when I apply for my CP, my college does not offer credit.
I have no idea... I'm sorry. Maybe if you take some classes, enough to still be considered a student you can get insurance. I would talk to your school and call down to disney. I wish I had a better answer for you...

Hello!

My name is Jaime Ray Soto. Feel free to look me up on FB and I have a vlog on Youtube, JaimesDisneyBlog. I check-in for the Disney CareerStart Program on February 11th. I hope to be extending into the Fall.

1. The application you printed is not for Fall '09. It is for the current Spring program which is full. It wont be till late February till mid-March till they start applying for Fall '09.

2. Disney states on the CareerStart site that they expect this to be the first job experience for some people. So having no job experience is fine. I would definitely put down babysitting.

I'm planning on applying for the Fall 2009 CS Program!
But, I think I wanna send my stuff in like ASAP because I heard they're taking less people this year because of the economy?
Whatever, but yeah. I wanna make friends!

You will want to send in your stuff ASAP. Popularity with their programs are growing! They are taking less people, though still this season, most of all the people I've talked to online got accepted.

Hi, I'm Heather
I'm 18 will be 19 in the fall
I'm going for the fall advantage college program
my older brother did it and he loved it (he actually did spring and extended and met his fiance who was also doing the program)
I can't wait to apply! I just want to get the first step out of the way!
I also live in North Carolina so thats really awesome

as far as babysitting goes
its a good reference and job experience
and its good to have a little something on there
its not like they wont accept you with no job experience though
my brother said most of the people he knew down there said it was there first job

me unfortunately will get to put Chuck E Cheese as my job experience for the last 3 years

its good because its a pretty good experience, food, kids, costume, games and rides , etc.

Its bad because I spent the last 3 years of my life being a slave to a big rat....and being a big rat!

lol :)

I have no idea... I'm sorry. Maybe if you take some classes, enough to still be considered a student you can get insurance. I would talk to your school and call down to disney. I wish I had a better answer for you...

Right, but I'm curious as to how you, and other CS would get health insurance, since they wouldn't be enrolled in school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter