Car service to port what time to do PAT

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
Sorry about all the questions. For some reason this cruise I'm having some problems getting everything tied up. It's the med in sept. We're staying the night before in Barcelona but I'm surprising DH with a car service from the hotel to
Port. There already picking us up at the airport. So what time would be a good time to be picked up and arrive at the port. I've never had to do a PAT before. Thanks

What time is your PAT? I think the earliest I saw when we checked in a few weeks ago was 11am (which is our PAT for our med cruise). We are having a car service pick us up about 9:45am as others have mentioned the port allows people to show up from 10am on.

We did the Med this past September. We arrived around 9:30 and were let in line. There were about 25 people ahead of us. We waited in line for about 30 minutes before they started letting us in the terminal. There was only one verandah upgrade and we got it! We went from an inside stateroom (not deluxe) to a cat 5 for $800 for the two of us. Hope we have the same luck on Fantasy this December, but not counting on it. We did a Med cruise with DCL years ago and I must say that they have definitely improved the process. Now there are plenty of chairs to sit on while waiting. Even though we were 25 in line, we still got a #3 boarding number. Never could figure that one out. But we were on the ship by 11:30.

We did the Med this past September. We arrived around 9:30 and were let in line. There were about 25 people ahead of us. We waited in line for about 30 minutes before they started letting us in the terminal. There was only one verandah upgrade and we got it! We went from an inside stateroom (not deluxe) to a cat 5 for $800 for the two of us. Hope we have the same luck on Fantasy this December, but not counting on it. We did a Med cruise with DCL years ago and I must say that they have definitely improved the process. Now there are plenty of chairs to sit on while waiting. Even though we were 25 in line, we still got a #3 boarding number. Never could figure that one out. But we were on the ship by 11:30.

Eva, so you arrived at the port at 9:30 and there were already 25 people in front of you? Wow, I'm glad you posted this as I had no clue there would be anyone there before 10am and I was worried I would arrive TOO early and have to wait somewhere else LOL. Thanks for posting as that has eased my mind now.

thanks for the replies--we dont have our PAT yet we still have about 75 days before cruise

Im just wondering when to have the car service pick us up at the hotel

we are staying at the Reniassance Fira in Barcelona does anyone know how far the port is from this hotel or maybe somewhere in the area

usually I dont have this many questions getting the loose ends tied up but for some reason this one took some work

I guess its easier to book a disney hotel but these hotels cost alot more and let them take care of transfers but a car service seems more fun

actually is cheaper and personal service

so I guess basically what Im asking is what time is a good time to have a car service pick up you and get you to the port at a resaonable time

thanks again

well we are booked at Aspasios Rambla Catalunya Suites right around the corner from Casa Batllo and our private car service guy said it was a 20 minute max drive from there. I looked at your hotel on google map and it is probably about 10 minutes more away IMO only

Edited to add since you are asking times: we have the earliest PAT time offered for Barcelona which is 11am. We are being picked up at our hotel between 930 and 945am. So we will be there by 10am or shortly thereafter

Last edited:
thanks for the replies--we dont have our PAT yet we still have about 75 days before cruise

Im just wondering when to have the car service pick us up at the hotel

we are staying at the Reniassance Fira in Barcelona does anyone know how far the port is from this hotel or maybe somewhere in the area

usually I dont have this many questions getting the loose ends tied up but for some reason this one took some work

I guess its easier to book a disney hotel but these hotels cost alot more and let them take care of transfers but a car service seems more fun

actually is cheaper and personal service

so I guess basically what Im asking is what time is a good time to have a car service pick up you and get you to the port at a resaonable time

thanks again

Isn't 75 days the time when even newbies can check-in? That needs to be done and that's when you select your PAT.

Our first time sailing from Barcelona we were staying at Le Meridien on Las Ramblas and I think it took longer to board everyone on the bus than it did to drive to the port. Even from the Hilton Diagonal Mar it was only a short drive.

The first time, we were picked up at about 11 am and got to the port about 11:15 but we ended up having to stand in line outside the port for about 30 minutes. It was very hot and there is no cover except very close to the building near the entrance. The second time we were picked up at about 11:30 and got there before noon. Shorter line and only had to wait about 5-10 minutes but close to the building so under cover (also very hot). Once we got in (both times), it was very quick to check in but security is practically at the entrance door so it bottlenecks very quickly. If one or two busses come in at the same time, you will wait.

Although both times we were required to pick a PAT and I picked 1 pm (didn't think we'd be there so early), we were allowed to board as soon as we checked in. There were other people waiting there to board after us. I presume that taking DCL transfers, even though we had to pick a PAT, allowed us a higher boarding number.

Isn't 75 days the time when even newbies can check-in? That needs to be done and that's when you select your PAT.

Actually now that Dug720 brought it up, Sept 9th out of Barcelona (the cruise I'm on), the newbies just checked in at midnight (EST) last night/this morning. If you are about 75 days out, you should be checking in online now since the next cruise out of Barcelona is the 16th for the transatlatic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter