Car seat or no car seat?

blaseckie

Earning My Ears
:confused3 We are flying to Orlando to take a Carnival cruise to the western caribean in November. After that we will spend a week at Disney World. We are wondering whether or not to take our 3 year olds car seat with us for taxi/bus/excursions? Has anyone done this before? We have no plan to rent a car on our trip. What do parents normally do?:cool1:

Good question, I was wondering the same thing as we will be renting a car for a few days while we are in Disney at Christmas.

My kids are much older, but I know you can't put a car seat on a bus. There are no seat belts.

I'm sure you could request a taxi with a car seat (??). I know when we used a towncar service, he had car seats in the trunk if we needed them.

I would wing it. It's going to be so hard to lug the car seat to and from the airport, cruise, and hotel. Just my opinion.....

If you can stick to buses, you'll be fine without a carseat. If you take other transportation (taxi, car service, etc.) your child will not be safely secured without a carseat.

I'm going through this exact same debate. We are flying down for a Carribean cruise with our 8 yr old, 6 year old and 4 year old. They are all in boosters at home. I know we will have to use taxis several times during our trip. I'm thinking we will probably just bring boosters for the youngest two.

I know the last time we flew, we put two boosters in a black garbage back and checked them (SW Airlines). We also let our youngest ride in her carseat on the plane. Does anyone know if you can put their boosters on their seats in the plane?

Thanks for any advice input on this subject! (And thanks for the OP asking this questions!!)

. Does anyone know if you can put their boosters on their seats in the plane?

You cannot use boosters on the airplane seats - they do not meet safety standards for the airlines.

Personally, I'd bring the seats from home. You have no idea what rental seats have been through, and I wouldn't be willing to take the risk. I know it's a hassle to deal with the seats in the airport, but for me, it's a no-brainer. My kids don't need less protection just because we're on vacation - accidents happy anywhere.

I'm going through this exact same debate. We are flying down for a Carribean cruise with our 8 yr old, 6 year old and 4 year old. They are all in boosters at home. I know we will have to use taxis several times during our trip. I'm thinking we will probably just bring boosters for the youngest two.

I know the last time we flew, we put two boosters in a black garbage back and checked them (SW Airlines). We also let our youngest ride in her carseat on the plane. Does anyone know if you can put their boosters on their seats in the plane?

Thanks for any advice input on this subject! (And thanks for the OP asking this questions!!)

If you're going to take taxis for your excursions, I'd say definitely leave the car seats at home. But I was going to say, I'd leave them at home anyway.

A cruise ship cabin isn't too big - that would take up so much space.

I would leave them at home if it were me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter