car seat on Jet Blue?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
Has anyone used an infant car seat on a Jet Blue flight and if so, which one? My son's infant seat is very big (Graco Safe Seat) and I'm afraid it will be too big to fit in the airplane seat. We will eventually buy him a convertible carseat (probably a Britax Roundabout), but I'd rather use an infant seat for this trip. Our trip is in April and he will be almost 6 months old at the time, so I'd prefer to use an infant seat (we'll need it for restaurants since he probably won't be sitting up on his own yet).

I'd love to hear from anyone who has used an infant seat on Jet Blue.

Thanks!

P.S. I have emailed Jet Blue to ask about seat dimensions, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Look on your car seat it should have a sticker if it is airline approved. if it is then you should be ok, I assume you have bought a seat for the child.
If the sticker is not on there then it is not approved.pirate:

Yes, there is a sticker saying the seat is FAA approved and I have bought a seat for the baby. My cousin bought a seat for her toddler last year and her FAA approved carseat was too big to fit the airplane seat. I don't want this to happen to us.

hm well then I suggest you take measurements of the seat and call Jetblue and ask them specifically, perhaps they have a list of seats that do or don't fit.

Thanks. I have emailed them. If I don't hear back soon I will call or email again.

P.S. Those are great pirate costumes!

Truly, you'll get a much better response if you call. The number is 1-800-JETBLUE (sorry, no phone handy, you'll have to 'translate' it yourself :)) and everybody I've ever spoken with there has been absolutely fantastic!

They also respond to e-mail relatively promptly, but if the response you get isn't absolutely clear, or doesn't quite answer your questions, or brings up more questions - well, you'll have to send another e-mail, and wait for a reply, and then if that one brings more questions to mind, you'll have to send another e-mail, and wait for a response, and...

Thanks for the help. JetBlue did email me back and we should be ok. Their seats are 18.5 inches wide and our car seat is 18.3 inches wide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter