Car rental Tampa question

Carina

DIS Veteran
We are flying into Tampa to save some $$$

Before booking our flights to Tampa I read a lot about car rentals at MCO. Now all that info is useless to me (lol) and I am back to square one.

My biggest question is about choosing your own car. Specifcally with Alamo, and Budget, as I can get gift cards for either of those with my Airmiles

I read that at MCO (at least with Alamo and most likely others?) You go into the parkade and choose your own car from the correct row.

I heard that 'sometimes' better level cars are put into lower level row. Now I know one cannot count on that, but it would be nice to choose our own car.

Does it work the same at Tampa or will they select our car for us???

I know for a fact that in tampa you will be able to pick your own car if you are renting from Alamo or National. Not sure about the other companies. . THere is only one parking level where are the rental car companies are located.

Is there a chance (however slight) that a car from a higher category will be in the full-size asile?

we just rented from Budget out of Tampa and we did not get to choose our own car. They assigned it at the counter.

Another question.... How much time would you alot to returning a car for a 9:40 am flight in Tampa?

Our was super quick with Budget. We drove in to the garage and they were waiting in a line to take the car back. It was just a few minutes and we were at the terminal. It was really quick and easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter