Car Rental Service in Orlando

littlebittyhouse

Mouseketeer
Hello - We had a rental booked with Car on the Drive and they have just informed us that they need to cancel our reservation due to 'unforeseen family circumstances'

Are there any other car rental services that pick you up at the airport and bring your car to the hotel you are staying at? I am a little nervous renting a car right from MCO...I keep reading nightmare stories!

Anything other than renting from MCO is going to involve lots of time, hassle and be much shadier. I would go to www.autoslash.com and get a quote. Any of the companies that are listed as having the vehicle at the airport, no shuttle needed are going to be just fine. I travel to MCO and rent a car 2-3 times a year, never had a problem.

Assuming you are staying on Disney property, you could also book Mears Connect or Sunshine Flyer for transit to/from the airport and then book the rental car from the Car Care Center.

I would strongly recommend only renting a car through a reputable national car rental agency (ie. Hertz, National, Enterprise, Avis, Alamo, etc.) with an on-site location at MCO.. Any of those agencies are fine and reliable, and you can claim your vehicle on-site at MCO without having to leave the airport, the cars are there in the airport garages and the entire process is very efficient, I have never had any major issues and in fact have rented from MCO 3 times thus far this year..

IMHO, I would NEVER rent a car from an off-site car rental agency and strongly advise against this, I'm not sure who advised you to do that over renting a car on-site at MCO from a reputable agency.. Not only is it a hassle to have to board a shuttle to an off-site agency, but as mentioned by pp, some of these smaller off-site companies are shady and unreliable..

So wait, you are willing to rent from someone who I venture to guess most have never heard of that has now cancelled on you yet you are not willing to rent with a national agency? I don't understand why
I would have never even went to something called "Car on the Drive" in the first place over a national agency.
A national agency wouldn't have cancelled due to unforeseen family issues either.
Select a national agency with a rental on site at MCO, not one of the off site ones that need a shuttle. You'll be fine

Doesn’t give me much confidence they didn’t even proofread the website’s front page

View attachment 707959
Now I’m not sure what ‘whisked away’ may imply. From this pic looks like my family may be whisked away in the hatch of an SUV :scared:
View attachment 707960
"On average, our guests save up to 3 hours in valuable vacation time!" WHO in their right mind is spending 3 hours getting/returning a rental?

"On average, our guests save up to 3 hours in valuable vacation time!" WHO in their right mind is spending 3 hours getting/returning a rental?
For real!
I've not spent 10 min getting a rental at MCO
Unless we couldn't decide which car to select, then maybe it took longer.
It's walk up, get in a car, drive off
3 hours. wow. those people are crazy (and I'll say it, out right lying to scare customers to rent from them)

So true. They’re very loose in their wording. I’m still not sure what’s meant by driving you to your rental car at your villa or ’on the drive’. Is that leaving the options to switch behind Speedway or bring you to the house where the car’s owner lives? How can a car get into a villa parking lot in WDW? And will they stop off for groceries if that’s on the way to getting the actually rental car so the customer doesn’t need to backtrack? Because that’s going to eat into the potentially ‘3 hours of valuable vacation time’ saved over regular MCO rentals.

Seems like a very small outfit if they are cancelling a reservation over someone having ‘family issues’.

So from what I can tell, they get your rental to wherever your staying, pick you up at the airport, and bring you to your lodging. You use the rental, then they'll pick you (leave the rental at the lodging) and bring you back to MCO. http://www.caronthedrive.com/index.php/our-service/

How can this be cheaper? Even if you say you don't have to pay the fees for renting at MCO, you're now paying them. It might be MODERATELY faster (like maybe 30 minutes), but not enough for me to pay more.

So from what I can tell, they get your rental to wherever your staying, pick you up at the airport, and bring you to your lodging. You use the rental, then they'll pick you (leave the rental at the lodging) and bring you back to MCO. http://www.caronthedrive.com/index.php/our-service/

How can this be cheaper? Even if you say you don't have to pay the fees for renting at MCO, you're now paying them. It might be MODERATELY faster (like maybe 30 minutes), but not enough for me to pay more.
But even then, they’re not going to be able to leave the rental car at your WDW lodging. Disney isn’t going to allow that. And I think many other lodging options will be problematic too. So the driver gets you in MCO, drives you to wherever the rental car ends up being, then you drive the rest of the way? How does a return trip like that work? You load up your family & luggage into the rental, drive over to the driver, transfer family/luggage/carseats again, then driver drops you at MCO. I understand the idea behind the concept but if it’s unreliable and more complex, how much savings is there to make it worthwhile.

I’d rather just get my car at MCO and drop it off there too.

Go back and read the blurb. It doesn't say what you posted. It doesn't say you'll save 3 hours vs renting directly at the airport. It says their customers, who might not otherwise rent a car, can save 3 hours. A car vs WDW transportation? You could save 3 hours over your trip.

I wouldn't use them for the reasons already posted.

Go back and read the blurb. It doesn't say what you posted. It doesn't say you'll save 3 hours vs renting directly at the airport. It says their customers, who might not otherwise rent a car, can save 3 hours. A car vs WDW transportation? You could save 3 hours over your trip.

I agree it implies the difference between car rental options, not rental car vs WDW transport. Why else would it say ‘UP to 3 hrs’. Rental car vs WDW transport could easily say up to 10 hours for the average week long trip.

I agree it implies the difference between car rental options, not rental car vs WDW transport. Why else would it say ‘UP to 3 hrs’. Rental car vs WDW transport could easily say up to 10 hours for the average week long trip.
I understand how you're reading it but I'm giving you the response the company is likely to offer in response to a complaint by.an agency.

Do you think a customer who previously rented direct could think he'd save 3 hours? Our guests saving has to include some rental car vs WDW transportation

Actually it doesn't say that either. All it says is "On average, our guests save up to 3 hours of vacation time." Just like it doesn't say 'compared to renting from MCO', it also doesn't say 'compared to WDW transportation'. It makes no reference to WDW. If they're taking you to a villa (which they DO reference), that villa could be off site. This company:
1) Takes you from MCO to your lodging.
2) Provides a rental car AT your lodging.
3) Takes you from your lodging to MCO.
4) Returns your rental car.

So the company is taking care of: picking up/returning rental car AND transportation between airport & lodging. Somehow they're claiming the AVERAGE customer saves 3 hours by using their service. Watch their ad... they're pushing that you don't have to wait in line to get your rental, you don't have to make sure you get a large enough vehicle for luggage, and you don't need to worry about driving in an unfamiliar area.

Is this geared toward UK visitors? I noticed the testimonials were from UK, England and Scotland. And on the bottom of each page-

Prices may increase if less than 14 nights.​

http://www.caronthedrive.com/pdf/terms.pdf

View attachment 708146
They won’t cancel on you?
The question needs to be "what happens if we are suddenly unavailable to deliver a vehicle to you?" because that seems to be what happened to OP
Do they address that in the terms?

Is this geared toward UK visitors? I noticed the testimonials were from UK, England and Scotland. And on the bottom of each page-

Prices may increase if less than 14 nights.​

http://www.caronthedrive.com/pdf/terms.pdf

View attachment 708146
They won’t cancel on you?
A long flight. Maybe first time driving on the left side of the road. I can understand why some guests, under those circumstances, might prefer to have their car experience begin at the place they stay.

I can see, a very limited, market for a service which combines meet n greet transfer with rental car delivery.

I don't think the service is about saving money. Unless something has changed UK residents are required to prepay gas and buy insurance (waivers). A third party can sometimes have a better deal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter