car rental returning from cruise

drise

Mouseketeer
Car rental to Cape Canaveral
I can get a good price on a minivan for 1 day going from mco to cc, @ $55. But picking up a van at the port and returning it to mco (sat. to mon.) is $450.??? Anyone have any suggestions for the return portion for a 3 day rental.
Thanks

What dates are you going? We have a minivan rental from Budget for 5 days for $237.38. We're picking it up at the port on 12/9 and returning it to MCO on 12/14.

We used the Orlando Magic Card discount. Try using code MAG on the Budget website.

I remember some posts awhile back about Budget's website giving ridiculous prices for one way rentals from port to MCO's.....we all thought it was an error in the website as I have rented from Budget numerous times from Port to MCO and never paid more than $55.00 for the day...most times even less!!

When are you sailing....I think those wacky prices were showing up for ressies starting in the new year. I hope it is just a glitch at the website.

We are renting an SUV (holds more luggage for 5 people than the minivan) from Alamo for 10 days in January and it is only costing us $245.00 including tax (the minivan was much more). We are picking up in Orlando and eventually dropping off in Tampa with a drive to Ft. Lauderdale and then a 3 day Wonder cruise thrown in the middle (will park car in DCL's parking lot). Other places were pricing at over $500 for the same trip...so it pays to shop around.

There are other car rentals in the Cocoa Beach area like Avis, National...maybe try one of those as well for a one way rental.

MJ

seems like most of the car rental places are jacking their prices up and not accepting coupons or codes on pickups after December 15- through the holidays.

I don't know how big your party is, but if you don't actually have to have a minivan it might be cheaper to go with a "full size" or "SUV" rental. The lot at budget isn't very big and they don't have a large selection of cars there. We had arranged for a "full size" rental and actually ended up with a SUV because that is what they had and it is an "upgrade" so most people won't complain about the change. I don't think there is anything that would be an upgrade from a minivan so they would have to have one there for you (and bring it in if it didn't happen to work out that one was returned there) which may be the reason for the rediculous price.

Of course, if you are a large group (next cruise we will have 4 adults and 1 child and will NEED a minivan) then you need the van. In that case, it might be cheaper/easier to just rent it for the full week and park it at the port. Or, crazy as it sounds, it might be cheaper to arrange a towncar to Orlando and get a rental when you get there!

Good luck - let us know how you work it out!

Pamela

drise said:
Car rental to Cape Canaveral
I can get a good price on a minivan for 1 day going from mco to cc, @ $55. But picking up a van at the port and returning it to mco (sat. to mon.) is $450.??? Anyone have any suggestions for the return portion for a 3 day rental.
Thanks

Are you staying at a hotel in Port Canaveral the night before you cruise. If so, rent a minivan for the 9 days and park for free at your hotel. If you're not staying over the night before, it still might pay to rent for the 9 days and pay for parking at the Port...Mark

We just paid under $30 for an economy car at Budget from the port to MCO. I think my husband made the ressie via their website, and it turned out to be a few dollars cheaper than the quote (maybe because we are Fastbreak...Thrifty gives a Blue Chip discount, so I suspect Budget does the same). We've used them a few times and have never paid more than around $33 for a one way rental.
Barb

We just got good quotes from both dollar and alamo to pick up and drop off at MCO...9 days for 230.00

Anne

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest