• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Rental near SSR

Doingitagain

DIS Veteran
We want to rent a car for a few days while at SSR, but do not want to pick it up at the airport. Are there car rental places walking distance from SSR?

We want to rent a car for a few days while at SSR, but do not want to pick it up at the airport. Are there car rental places walking distance from SSR?

Call National. They are onsite near the Magic Kingdom and have a shuttle that will pick you up at SSR and get you to your car. We are using them to pick up our car at the end of our stay at SSR on June 18th.

There is an Alamo in the Buena Vista Palace just across from the first DTD bus stop. We got a great deal there a year ago using a code from the mousesaver website.

We always get the best service and a free upgrade using Alamo at the Dolphin. I take the bus from DTD.

There is also an Avis counter at the Hilton across the street from Downtown Disney. We have rented and returned cars there several times with no problems.

We used the Dollar at the Grosvenor (sp?). We highly recommend that you DO NOT USE this location. The service was very poor as we waited 45 minutes to get the car. The clerk told us the gas tank was 1/2 full (accurate) but marked it as full on the documents! We did not examine the document and we returned the car 1/2 full and then got slammed with re-fueling fees. I think it was intentional. Just FYI.

there is a Budget car rental at the Doubltree Plaza right across from DTD - we walk there from the DTD bus stop.

We rented a car last year though disney. I think it was alamo. The car was terrable. We rented a convertable to drive to vero. Front fender was loose trunk latch feel out. and had to stop at walmart and buy oil. Car was 2 1/2 qt's low on oil.

There's both Alamo & National at the Disney Car Care Center onsite. You can call for a shuttle to pick you up...I booked a car for August thru National using a Costco code thru the Costco website...then I called them thru the Car Care Center phone number to ask a question & the girl was able to upgrade me 1 more level for the same rate / code (I booked economy & got full size). I also specifically wanted something onsite...

Call 407-824-3470 for the Car Care Center...

There's a lot of info. / codes etc. floating around over on the Transportation Board....

We used the Dollar at the Grosvenor (sp?). We highly recommend that you DO NOT USE this location. The service was very poor as we waited 45 minutes to get the car. The clerk told us the gas tank was 1/2 full (accurate) but marked it as full on the documents! We did not examine the document and we returned the car 1/2 full and then got slammed with re-fueling fees. I think it was intentional. Just FYI.

We've used this location several times in the past all without incident as they traditionally are the cheapest rate for us and they are short 5 min walk across the street from the DTD bus stop. So YMMV with this location. I know we won't hesitate to go back in the future. Also, the hotel is now called the Regal Sun Resort. They changed their name a few years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter