• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car rental - best price for economy

laurabelle

DIS Veteran
We only need an economy class car and so far the best rate I have come across is from Avis - $159.68 total for a week. Can I do any better?

Well, our itinerary has changed, we originally were going to drive, but got a decent price on flights if we left on Monday afternoon, so it's 8/11(evening) - 8/18(early afternoon)

One of the things I have noticed for car rentals over the last year is that most discounts are not released until quite close to the dates needed. Right now many of the codes, etc listed on mousesavers.com expire either 5/25/03 or 6/25/03. Another strategy is to sign up for any specials that the companies offer at their websites.Mousesavers has very comprehensive lists of all the offers and how to use them. Your price is not bad but I think you may be able to better as your dates come closer. Good Luck!

Have you tried L&M car rental? They are located inside the Orlando Airport. I have used them 3 times and have never had any problems. I just rented a compact car for a week for $138 all taxes and fees included. I printed out a coupon from their website for a free one class upgrade, so I ended up getting a midsized car for that price! They also offer AAA discounts. I had to bring a copy of my car insurance policy declaration page, because I was not buying their insurance. I have never encountered any long lines at their counter and the employees were friendly. 40 minutes after we landed in Orlando we were in our rental car on our way to Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter