• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captian Marvel premier on the ships

eeyoreandtink

DIS Veteran
We will be on the Dream March 4-8. March 8th is the release date for Captain Marvel. They typically do a midnight showing on the ships, correct?

I will be with you on that sailing and looking forward to seeing the movie at midnight. Fortunately, I don’t have to pack my bags that evening since we’re doing a B2B.

I will be with you on that sailing and looking forward to seeing the movie at midnight. Fortunately, I don’t have to pack my bags that evening since we’re doing a B2B.
We will be at the midnight showing too. We are heading to universal after the cruise.

We will be on the Dream March 4-8. March 8th is the release date for Captain Marvel. They typically do a midnight showing on the ships, correct?

We'll be on the Dream March 1-4. Wish we could stay onboard and catch that midnight premiere!!

Have a great cruise! :goodvibes

Ouch. Debarkation morning. Is there no Thursday exception / early showing special?

Ouch. Debarkation morning. Is there no Thursday exception / early showing special?

Most movies comes out on Thursday night now at the movie theatre. If this is the case with this movie than it should be shown Thursday night they won’t have to wait until Friday to show it.

We are on the Dream March 18th sailing and so looking forward to catching this on onboard.

Most movies comes out on Thursday night now at the movie theatre. If this is the case with this movie than it should be shown Thursday night they won’t have to wait until Friday to show it.
This is true. But all of the info I have been able to find about this lists Friday as the release date, not Thursday. Maybe other theaters will be doing preview showings and we will get one too!

but usually it's Friday at 12:01 am (Midnight after your Thursday) ... so Friday morning fully sucks after staying up all night to see the movie.

BUT looking on Fandango, I see a Captain Marvel Opening Night Fan Event at 6pm Pacific time on March 7th. Also seeing many other times and theaters on the 7th (NOT midnight showings), and it says that the 8th is Opening Day.

SO ... who knows what DCL will be doing!!

Good Luck

Last edited:

This has been happening for a while, but DCL sticks to Friday. Sometimes I have heard they will do an earlier show for families, but not always.

Technically even doing the PremEAR is not announced in advance because things have happened that prevented them from getting the movie to the ship.

but usually it's Friday at 12:01 am (Midnight after your Thursday) ... so Friday morning fully sucks after staying up all night to see the movie.

BUT looking on Fandango, I see a Captain Marvel Opening Night Fan Event at 6pm Pacific time on March 7th. Also seeing many other times and theaters on the 7th (NOT midnight showings), and it says that the 8th is Opening Day.

SO ... who knows what DCL will be doing!!

Good Luck

It's weird, seems to get earlier and earlier. My son has gone to at least 3 openings on a Thursday night between 7-8pm for both Marvel & Star Wars, we're in Fl.
So they can do whatever they want for sure.

This has been happening for a while, but DCL sticks to Friday. Sometimes I have heard they will do an earlier show for families, but not always.

Technically even doing the PremEAR is not announced in advance because things have happened that prevented them from getting the movie to the ship.
Yea, when we were on the Baltic cruise several years ago, as we were leaving Stockholm the cruise director announced on stage for the evening shows that they had "picked up the print", next night as we are leaving Helsinki, the announcement was that they had tested it and it worked :teeth: and at midnight as we were sailing into St. Petersburg they were showing it in both the Buena Vista and Walt Disney theaters. One was normal format, the other 3-D.

So yea, they are "concerned" about getting the movie in time to show it :confused3

Yea, when we were on the Baltic cruise several years ago, as we were leaving Stockholm the cruise director announced on stage for the evening shows that they had "picked up the print", next night as we are leaving Helsinki, the announcement was that they had tested it and it worked :teeth: and at midnight as we were sailing into St. Petersburg they were showing it in both the Buena Vista and Walt Disney theaters. One was normal format, the other 3-D.

So yea, they are "concerned" about getting the movie in time to show it :confused3

Things can happen. If a print is not delivered in time for them to get it on embarkation day (things happen...a plane crash where the print was on the plane, a car accident if someone was driving it, etc.), they are not going to be able to show it. They are NOT streaming it from the internet - and they are not going to send it to a port where they do not have a mail/package distribution, so it would need to be a port where they have embarkation barring a major major workaround at another port.

They will do everything in their power to get it, but things sometimes do happen outside of their control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter