Captain or Family Plan-Boats

Lorelai71

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been able to get this lately or has anyone ever gotten this plan?

I have read about them but last year while we were at Disney I called all the Marinas and they had no idea what I was talking about.

The two plans are:
There are also Recreation Family Plans for those parties who expect to make use of the WaterMouse and pontoon boats. These plans are open to any resort guests, but if you were staying at a different resort, you would need to come to the Ft. Wilderness Marina to use the boats under the plan. These same plans may be offered at other resorts with full marinas as well. I know last Thanksgiving they had the plans available at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

The Captain Plan allows the family to use 4 hours of rental (total; not per person) for $115 plus tax. Since the normal rental is approximately $30 per hour, this plan provides minimal savings.

The Family Plan is a weekly rate for unlimited use of the WaterMouse and pontoon boats for up to four people. The cost is $199 plus tax and is a flat fee whether you will be staying a full week or only a few days. This plan is very attractive to my teen son, who would like nothing better than to spend a week at Villas at Wilderness Lodge and spend all of his days on a WaterMouse. To be fair to other guests, people on the plan can take a boat out for an hour at a time. If nobody is waiting to rent that boat at the end of the hour, they can stay out for another hour. Otherwise they have to return the boat and wait for the next one to be available.

Never heard of either of them. The $199 for a week sounds WAY low to be a real Disney price.

Has anyone been able to get this lately or has anyone ever gotten this plan?

I have read about them but last year while we were at Disney I called all the Marinas and they had no idea what I was talking about.

The two plans are:

The Captain Plan allows the family to use 4 hours of rental (total; not per person) for $115 plus tax. Since the normal rental is approximately $30 per hour, this plan provides minimal savings.

I know that a "Captains Plan" is mentioned on the "CBR Frequently Asked Questions Thread" & I've also seen it mentioned somewhere else.

I was a little mad last year that I had not seen mention of it until after our 8 day trip at CBR last May. We would have used it if we'd known! We spent about $40.00 for a HALF hour boat rental (your post says hour, but that's not the case) & we also rented a Surrey bike during our trip (can't remember the price). The price I saw for the Captain's Plan was like $140.00 for 4 hours that could be spread out over your stay...way better deal!!!

The funny thing was, I did not see any advertisement about the "Plan" when we were at the CBR Marina....makes me wonder if the info. I saw on the DIS here is old. (If only I'd seen it BEFORE our trip, then I'd know for sure).

We've used a length of stay plan for unlimited use at both the Polynesian and GF. It was similar to the Family Plan listed below although I think it was actually called the Captain's Plan then and was less than $199. Anyway it is a great deal when it's offered.

Even within the same year, the plan seemed to come and go. Perhaps it is offered during times that aren't as busy for the marina. I can remember using the plan at the GF over the holidays one year. Of course another time we used it at the Polynesian during our Spring break so who knows.

But the plans were never advertised. You just have to walk down to your marina when you're there and find out if it's listed at that time.

It has been about 4 or 5 years since we used the plan. We had the length of stay plan and although staying at the BCV we did it at the WL marina. It was $210 total with tax at the time and we could use any of the boats and the regular bicycles at FW. We used it several times during the trip and definitely got our money's worth.
I think I read that they have done away with it but your can always call the marina at WL and check. I would love to do it again this Sept if it is still possible.

So, there is no way to book this ahead of time?popcorn:: I have never heard of it before.

I don't believe that the Captain's plan exists anymore.

I was thinking the same thing but on one forum...probably resort...someone talked about seeing it a year or so ago. At CBR I think. Still it could be gone forever now.

Last June I checked on these two plans while staying at The Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, they had been discontinued. They have done this before so I guess you'll have to check at the marina during your stay the following is the old information on the plans.

I have this posted on the Wildernrss Lodge FAQ Thread:

Attention: the family plans have once again been discontinued as of June 1, 2006

At The marina I was referred to the new Disney Premium Plan that when booking this package offers unlimited use of the boats and bicycles, so for now no more Captain or Family Plans. I will note this information but as they have discontinued these plans before they may bring them back. If you are interested in either of these plans please check at the Marina for current discounts. As for now they have a 10% discount for DVC members and a 15% discount for AP pass holders
**Recreation Family Plans:
Plan includes the Water Mouse, Pontoon Boats, Canopy Boats, Sailboats and Bicycles, (Cruises and Surry Biles NOT included)
Captain Plan: 4 hours of rental per Group
Family Plan: Length of Stay Plan (10 Day Rate for Unlimited use of Equipment Listed Above) (Up to 5 Guests per Plan)

I was really hoping we could get this plan. :sad2: We have annual passes but we just want to relax at Disney.

Okay Dis family, if you think you might be interested in this plan please start calling the Marinas. Perhaps they might do it again.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter