Captain Kidd's Family Dining

being-dragged-to-DL

You can have Johnny Depp... I want Jack Sparrow!
Is this place still in business, and if so, is the food edible?
also, any other EASY walking distance places from DL?
Thanks

1550 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 491-4788
0.02 miles from Disneyland main gate (directly across the street)

We went there a couple years ago and we did not like it. It was way overpriced and the food was not very good. Other people may like it but, personally we would not go there again.

Oh yeah. If you walk across the Harbor crosswalk, you darn near walk in the front door. Food is pretty good ,decent prices, not as crowded as IHOP ,had breakfast there twice last year did'nt try it for dinner though. :thumbsup2

Captain Kidd's is right across the street from Disneyland. We stayed at BWPPI last April and breakfast is there (upstairs). I thought that prices were too high. Their buffet was $9-10, entres were about that much too. We did not eat there except for breakfast. Another thing that really turned me off was the decor. It was VERY cheesy pirate theme. I would go down to Mimi's (another 5 minute walk from Captain Kidd's) or to downtown disney to eat.

I believe the name has changed but the food hasn't. Tried it when it was Captain Kidd's the again after the name/owner(?) change. By far the worst food I've had in or around DL.

SANDIEGOFAN said:
I believe the name has changed but the food hasn't. Tried it when it was Captain Kidd's the again after the name/owner(?) change. By far the worst food I've had in or around DL.

The name is the same. We have been there once and will NEVER go back. You could not pay me to eat there. When we went it was very unsanitary. My fork was filthy, my daughters spoon had left over avacado on it, they were out of soda and we saw people putting their fingers in the buffet and tasting several items - no spoons and then went right to the next food item and did the same thing. YUCK!

There are lots of places in the same immmediate area that are good to great. Of course Mc Donalds is alway available too. You have IHOP, Denny's, Mimi"s, Millie's, Tony Romas and a few others all across the street and a minutes walk away.

Good luck

Please, Please avoid this place. It's horrible. True, it's not as crowded as the other places, but there's a reason for that. No on will go back after trying it once. I got a salad that was barely edible. How can you mess up a salad? And my son got chicken nuggets and fries, again, not something you could really mess up, but he couldn't eat them either. We had to wait about 45 minutes for our food, then another 10 minutes just for silverware. Never got a refill on the drinks even though we asked a few times.

Our usual is IHOP. I'm told its overpriced compared to other IHOPs, but I wouldn't know. I don't eat at any other IHOP. I've tried, but this is the only one in which I get great service and good food. Plus kids eat free every day after 4pm.

We ate there last Saturday night, and it actually wasn't bad. We didn't do the buffet, so I have no opinion there. But the food we ordered was pretty decent, and the server we had was great. Way better than the Denny's down the srteet - terrible service there on Saturday morning! Plus, they kept the drinks coming, so that was a bonus. Too bad so many people have had bad luck there.

Ewwww! Sounds like Id be better off taking a couple of cans of Alpo! Ill try Tony Roma or even Mcd's! THANK YOU ALL!

Disney Hot Mama said:
The name is the same.
My bad, I could of sworm it was changed to Mom's or Mama's or something like that. Anyway, I kept waiting for the cockroaches to carry my plate away. I remember that you would get a free continental breakfast upstairs if you stayed at the hotel next door. That wasn't very appetizing either.

being-dragged-to-DL said:
Is this place still in business, and if so, is the food edible?
also, any other EASY walking distance places from DL?
Thanks

1550 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 491-4788
0.02 miles from Disneyland main gate (directly across the street)

No to beat a dead horse but I like to solve puzzles. http://www.momsrestaurant.com/ this place is located at 1550 South Harbor. I have eaten there and it is horrific.

I remember it as Mom's and I remember it as Captain Kidd's. I just can't remember which was first and which is now. Regardless, I won't go back.

A good place to check if you are wondering about a restaurant is this Orange County Health Department website:

http://www.ocfoodinfo.com/

It is listed under Captain Kidds and had 6 violations, all minor, on its last inspection on December 19 which had been corrected when it was re-inpsected on Decemeber 28th.

MISCELLANEOUS STRUCTURAL
Lack of/Improper Cleanliness/Condition of Walls/Floors/Ceilings/Lighting

STORAGE/MAINTENANCE/USE OF FOOD & EQUIPMENT
Improper Food Storage/Receiving - minor

Unsanitary Equipment/Utensil/Linen Condition/Storage-minor

HANDWASHING/RESTROOMS/CHANGE ROOMS
Lack of/Improper Handwashing/Handwashing Supplies-minor

WATER/SANTIZING
Inadequate Sanitizer Level or Lack of Test Strips

WATER/SANTIZING
Inadequate Hot Water (90F-119F)/ Cross Connection

They do seem to have a rather long page, with numerous violations every inspection.

Just to be fair however, the IHOP at 1840 S. Harbor had violations as well:
ROUTINE INSPECTION
12/14/2005

WATER/SANTIZING
Inadequate Sanitizer Level or Lack of Test Strips

MISCELLANEOUS STRUCTURAL

HANDWASHING/RESTROOMS/CHANGE ROOMS
Change Room Improper Use/Lack of

MISCELLANEOUS
Failure to Provide a Certified Food Safety Person/Valid Certificate

As did many of the Disneyland Restaurants including the beloved Blue Bayou:

Service Date
ROUTINE INSPECTION
10/31/2005

Improper Food Storage/Receiving - minor

Unsanitary Equipment/Utensil/Linen Condition/Storage-minor

MISCELLANEOUS STRUCTURAL

Ok that is kinda addicting...Club 33 has had a major violations, 3 since April 2004. :stir:

The Tandoori Hut at 1770 S. Harbor was closed last month for a cockroach infestation.

The Denny's at 2005 Katella was closed last month for a lack of hot water.

Kinda gross to read all that stuff, but I would rather know.

Hope this was helpful and not just...umm....gross and you wished you didnt know. :badpc:

We ate there in May'04 when it was still Captn Kidds. pirate:
My kids loved the buffet. There was mac and cheese, corndogs, fries, pizza, ham, salads, potatoes, veggies, etc....
Kids buffet was $1.00 if an adult had a buffet.
We ordered off the menu too. It was adequate, not great, not terrible.
I don't know how it is now though.

We ate breakfast at the Dennys one morning, it was so expensive! $35.00 and that was with 2 kids meals, one adult mean, and I only had toast and juice! (and no coffees!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter